Background Image

Game Ui/hud, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cupcakeunleashed, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Oooooooooooooooo, If I want my chaos marine to worship Slaanesh, can I get a pink and purple HUD?
  2. Khyrus Khyrus Menial

jeez... hopefully not for every chaos player... please not... no.. please no...
  3. That could be considered as a Stealth option, which means you've got a poor chance of spotting the user on the Radar HUD unless you've got an Auspex to counter their tech.

That gives you a reason to take an Auspex and helps lay the Groundwork for any future Stealth Units (Tau XV25's, SM Scouts, etc.).
    SlaytonTheSly and Matsukovich like this.
  4. One thing I want to add into the mix. The talk of ork fonts drowned out the eldar comments during the twitch. Several of us expressed concern on the legibility of the font choice on the eldar.
    The font definitely had an eldar feel to it, but i'm not sure I'd be able to read that quickly in the middle of a fire fight.
    NicolasBrunoni likes this.
  5. Ethasa Ethasa Menial

Does this mean my (Eventually[and hopefully]) Salamander can have a mix of green and black elements in his UI, while my Smurf can have a few blues in the UI?
  6. Holy sheeet.
    Can we have a menu option to change our HUD colors??????????
    Berzerker likes this.
  7. Bez Berzerker Menial

if such is the case, I would say that it would be fruitful if there's a scroll bar for the opacity of the HUD. That way, there's an option for people to take out the HUD or make it more transparent/opaque for the sake of immersion and/or efficiency

IMO for changing HUD or parts of HUD colors, why not. it would mean that people can have fun messing with their HUD (i.e pink Ork HUD) or make it more immersive (i.e Yellow Chaos HUD for the Iron Warriors feel)

also this is what I imagine a Space Marine HUD would be like [pic is from Interstellar Marines]:
    [​IMG]
  8. After watching the livestream, i gotta say, i really like the HUD, can't wait to see more!
    NicolasBrunoni likes this.
  9. Kaelin Kaelin Curator

Hope you don't mind Nicolas - I'm not sure if this is 100% in the category of this thread, but have any further considerations been made for the camera? It's been a while since I've heard you guys discuss options for it :)
  10. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

I really like thise design.
    Immersive and functional at the same time (maybe a little bit too much on the screen, but such things would be customizable)
    Especially the text on the left does it for me.
    Imagine you were hit by a grenade or some sort of socery, that would disturb your helm system and on the left the system trys to reboot itself. And when it's on again you see a damage calculation of your suit/armor.
    Going like: "Warning! Armor integrity by 20%","Multiple wounds detected" "Multiple xenos detected, combat stims injected".
    Or a command of the Warcouncil would come in like: "Stronghold secured. Purge the rest of these xenos, for the Emperor ."

Just some thought what would maybe be interesting for ECs HUD.
    Matsukovich and NicolasBrunoni like this.