Background Image

Game Ui/hud, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cupcakeunleashed, Dec 5, 2014.

1. I was just thinking on the 'Radar',
    What if instead of showing the enemy as dots, it only resolved them into dots once they got within a certain distance. Before that point they would be blurs only indicating the general position of the enemy.
    I was partially inspired by the Aliens tracker.

I also think that an Auspex should increase the range that enemy positions are resolved as well as increasing the ability to pick up stealthed opponents nearby.
  2. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Totally agree with you Gagoc : )
  3. Thank you Mr. Brunoni.

You know how 2D representations usually have circles defining dividing the display into set distances and sectors, I was thinking the outer most would have the most blurred representations of enemy positions, the next in should be the distance that Auspex resolves these blurs into dots even if the Auspex either only partially covers this section or doesn't fully resolve the blurs to dots (so you don't know how many enemies the blur represents), and the next in should be where normal suit sensors resolve the blurs and an Auspex can reveal stealthed enemy units.

Just a thought.
    With the Auspex only partially effective at range, then you can other Factions versions working at slightly different ranges. The Eldar's would be somewhat better and the Orks' somewhat worse, but each with either an additional positive effect or counter effect to help balance them.
    vaevictus333 likes this.
  4. That's a good idea, but if a large group of players is concentrated in an area, the blurs might overlap and obscure a larger area of the map, than if they were dots.
  5. After reading Korn's comment I got even more positive about the idea of dots being blurs. It kinda makes sense.

I wonder if there's a plan to add jammers to bases and fortresses as well. They could possibly jam the auspex and other "abilities" / calls for artillery (if that's gonna be an option in some way ( hopefully only for War Council )). That might be just a wishfull thinking on my side though.
  6. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Jammers will most probably be there, maybe not as a Structure upgrade but as at least as personal gears : )
  7. For like, Kommando's?
  8. Hivespirit HiveSpirit Drill Abbott

The character customization/ loadout screen did seem a bit old/ancient, simple so far =/
  9. I should probably say this now while you are on Nicholas, please dont have too much green.
  10. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Hahaha - color can be easily tweaked and we gonna try to find colors that doesn't get too much on your nerve after a while.