Background Image

Game Engine Discussion

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Vuiet, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Unity 5 will very very likely be released in Q1 2015.

I did not follow the discussion about the game engine until now, but if I understand well, Unity 5 is the game engine chosen by bE but it is not confirmed yet. Is that the reason why Friday's Twitch was not published by bE on youtube ?
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

probally, because while the other livestream show an internal development test the early access instead is a "commercial product"
  3. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

Really? Down on the third page of ATD sub-forum? I will not forget the promise to unveil the Schrödinger's Unity game engine mistery!
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

february probally.
    The_Master_Muffin likes this.
  5. I posted this in the General Discussion section - LINK.

I tried to back this up using logic as much as I could. So Feel free to tell me otherwise :)
  6. Rikamar Rikamar Well-Known Member

Your logic witchcraft has no power here! *goes to read your post*
    Interesting read and does indeed sound logical (captain). Should it turn out to be true you may request a significant sized muffin (that can be consumed in 1 sitting without hurting yourself). Possibly made by the techpriest PatrickBalthazar of the Behaviour team as a reward for going down the rabbit hole to find the answer. Such a boon (or folly since I don't know his cooking skills) is only if you are correct however.
  7. Xeltan Xeltan Well-Known Member

Yes it makes sense. However after seeing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada screenshots and playing UT4 alpha I could say it's looking pretty similar to EC.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

also space hulk deathwing started on cryengine and then switched to UE4 (it's inside the last interview)
  9. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

Still no news about engine, lol? I've stopped reviewing this forum, so sorry if I missed it, but I still would like to hear from mr. Balthazar why and what has been chosen for EC's 3D engine according to his old promise.
  10. oh I wish I could promise something :( every time I hear from someone above we are "close" to be able to tell, soon after we still can't. I am truly sorry for that!
    If you've watched the last stream, Nathan is giving more info on things and when stuff will be revealed! I know it's not better news, but for now that's the only news I can give!