Background Image

Game Design Update - July 14, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Jul 14, 2016.

1. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

Refinery Olipsis really sucks as a chain map. It is so easy to push quickly. Every other chain map has defenses set up, such as turrets, and is oriented so that the enemy has to flow through a line. A and B are equidistant from attacker spawn, and there are no defensive areas to slow down transports. Every point is also less than 30sec walking distance from each other, so there is no time to set up any kind of defense.

You literally might as well just camp C and hope for the best as a defender.
  2. GreyNight ArtemK Arkhona Vanguard

since 3-hit-to-kill melee vs melee was terribly long already(up to 40-50 seconds when opponents are skilled enough), can you tell us what is intended average melee duel time length? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Minute?
  3. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

@BrentEllison Do you have any ETA on the next progression/character wipe?
    Will one happen this month or do I have time to get to level 5 (for the Eldar achievement)?

Also, the "Scout" achievements are there to stay, right?
    They will stay after the game goes live, but wont count towards the "completion" of the non-scout achievements.

Anyhow, since the Eldar have easier access to Force Fields than other factions, will we then get access to some as Wargear?
    And will the Holo-Field be post launch?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you have time to answer the first one I would be happy :D
    Haldur likes this.
  4. The red circle for Target lock is no longer "sticking" to our locked target. It just stays in the center of our screen. There's also some terrible offset as far as our character not facing our locked target. Firing off a fast or strong attack sends me flying off in directions nowhere even near my locked target.
  5. Predators and the stupid @#$ turrets ruin a potentially awesome "infantry only" type map on Pegasus. The map is too small for Turrets and Tanks. Turrets and tanks on a map this small totally ruins the infantry experience. Pegasus is a PERFECT map for Rhino and infantry only.

I'm so sick and !@#$% tired of getting killed by turrets and tanks on this tiny map, even when I'm running around killing tanks and turrets the entire match, they just keep pouring out of the woodwork and killing us.

If EC is supposed to be an infantry based game, why do we have tanks and turrets ruining infantry game play on such tiny maps? Maps as small as Pegasus scream "infantry only!"(to include Rhinos or spawn beacons).

Please consider pulling out the turrets and tanks for these smaller maps. These type weapons are destroying infantry vs infantry game play on these smaller maps.
  6. Quick question. When I have a target hard locked with the red circle and there's another opponent between me and my hard locked target, does the soft lock override the hard lock? I ask this because there's all sorts of crazy shit going on when I'm locked onto a target, things happening that I've never, ever seen happen.

Chasing a "roller", my locked target rolls past another player(enemy to me, friendly to him) and I try to do a dash attack my locked target, i instead attack the player i'm not locked not, or the lock drops, or I lock on someone else.

I've seriously never seen such a total mess in the entirety of Alpha with melee and trying to focus on a single target in a crowded area. I have a suspicion soft lock is partially to blame.

Can we please get back patch 16 reliability for melee lock and Smart Pistol lock? In fact I'd go so far as to say that the first few iterations of melee lock when the Smart Pistol was first implemented was the very best and most reliable I've seen the lock on system functioning. Please bring that back!
  7. On Maggon, right next to C, there's a few crates you can hide behind or brace a heavy weapon on. It gives you a nice 180° firing arc, making you able to cover all access points to C. Pretty cool. Not cool, though, is the fact that the crates will block your shots (unless aimed too high to hit anything) when you brace on them, making it utterly useless...

Maybe the changes to braced weapons we've seen in the last stream will help with that, but if not that's a glaring design issue.
  8. Izon Maleficarum Subordinate

Suggestion about Maggon.
    1. Remove the purple "windlike" streams of clouds that dancing across the map. Doesnt look effectfull enough in defense of lower fps. Just remove.
    2. Map is too dark. Brigten it up a bit for everyones benefit.
    3. Bases B and C is a constructional mess. Should be narrowed down and less mazelike.

My suggestions :)
    Im sure some of u think its bullcrap ideas and some thinks its good. Always the case :)
  9. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Its a Chaos map !Deal with it!:D:p:D.When we get an "Ork" map i will propably say the same !