Background Image

Game Design Update - July 14, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Morphic Morphic Cipher

@Brent

Just out of curiosity are space wolves getting those frostswords or axes?
  2. Codger First Blood!

Aside from the problems I see with melee targeting throwing me off target constantly; I gotta say that banshee heavy attack animation is divine. Well done team.
  3. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

The little hawk was quite annoying in PvE, as it makes my camera and aim go haywire when an "ally" use them within my vicinity...

Yes they will :D
    The Frost Axe is (afaik) confirmed.
  4. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

I believe lock-on breaks after you're at a certain distance away from you target. That could be the case in your video.

Regarding this, your character only does this if you walk around, any sprinting affects it, especially when running sideway like you did in the video.

I don't even know whether this is possible or will even be a good thing if made possible. The camera can't move as fast as the character, that's for sure. Forcing it to go faster may even result in a worse camera view. It'd be better if they zoomed the camera out more rather than accelerated its speed.
  5. That's not the case at all. If you look at the video after i land my character auto faces back towards the locked in target, independent of me moving the camera. The lock isnt dropping.

On an entirely different topic, one shotting enemy infantry with a non charged up Reaper Launcher round breaks the game. It's a sure thing suicide kill vs enemy melee classes via point blank shot or shooting at your feet, and you can score one shot kills as fast as you can pull the trigger = Broken.

I'm also pretty sure the mechanic that prevents an enemy ranged unit from firing immediately after they eat an Axe to the face is NOT working with the Dark Reaper.
  6. Sir_Dikkels Sir_Dikkels Steam Early Access

oooh, thanks for the info
  7. Sir_Dikkels Sir_Dikkels Steam Early Access

whoops, my bad :p
  8. Fenrir4life Fenrir4life Subordinate

Hey, @BrentEllison , is the power axe taking two hits to kill gaunts WAI? Given that it's too slow to hit twice before a gaunt can tag you, what is the intended reward for that risk?
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.

9. Why isn't the Axe interrupting vs gaunts or vs players? Even strong attacks dont interrupt in PVE or PVP.
    Fenrir4life likes this.
  10. Valaron Valaron Arkhona Vanguard

Power fist one shots any class with 1 fast attack - having in mind that rolls still useful in melee against ranged, powert fist can roll around and just backstab people like assassin :D That must be fixed somehow, eh?