Background Image

Game Design Update - August 12, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

That explains a few things! Well I guess we're not pay-to-win after all. In fact, now that we "fixed" it and are increasing the cost of the Tracey Shoota we'll be pay-to-lose. :p

OK, the Tracey will be turned into a big shoota as it was intended.
    Swagmaw and Schlammauge like this.
  2. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Michael did a pass on it to increase its damage and reduce its spread per shot. It had been a while since it got a proper look!
  3. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Great to hear! :)
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Guess that makes sense, still...9 powers...

Im really hoping that the "in time" sentiment means it wont be too long after launch, cause i getting the feeling it will get tiresome using the same powers over and over. Other classes can still mod their weapons, we cant really mod our powers.

Also, Force Staves.
    Xeltan likes this.
  5. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Necessary clarification: my issues aside things look great right now.

Weapons are solid, the action is fluid, Orks are excellent for being both durable and brutal in close -EC is really shaping up.
    BrentEllison likes this.
  6. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

The shoota should actually should have pretty much the same DPS as the boltgun, however the accuracy seems to be affecting more than it should at relatively close ranges. We're looking into it!

I just looked at it and it seems that the Orks in fact move slightly less far than they should. It's not a huge amount, although the animations make it look worse than it is (and as mentioned, the attack animations in particular need polish). We'll fix it, but was there a particular weapon that seemed to not move forward at all?

Melee damage should be pretty much the same as the Space Marines right now, so I suspect this is more of a universal problem (likely related to telling whether or not you've hit your opponent). If not, that is a bug!

We will do a general analysis of vehicles with this patch now that heavy weapons are working correctly!

Thanks!

7. Torias, Attacking DZ nearest objective C. I just spawned into that DZ and ran to the new vehicle pad, got shot en route and got dropped while standing at the vehicle panel.

-FYI attackers on Torias cannot even choose vehicles or see number of vehicles available from the DZs via the World Map. The options are gone. You have to do it the old way, spawn in, run to panel, find out no vehicles are available, suicide, then redeploy to the other DZ and do the same process.

-All maps where you can see vehicle selection windows. Vehicle selection and vehicle availability. Number of vehicles(0, 1, 2) available no longer shows how many vehicles are available. When there are no vehicles available, the little box isn't greyed out. NOT the panel, I'm speaking of selecting vehciles from the world map.

-Our Squad panel should really show from the World Map when we load into a game as the match counts down. Instead of having to hit esc, then choose change squad... just to see what squad we are in, and who is in our squad when we join a match. Actually why dont we see the squad panel with the map overlay in the background when the match starts? With an option to close out the "change squads" panel only if we want to? I dont think anyone's really concerned with the map when they first start up a match, more so they should be concerned with getting their Warparty in the same squad.

-There should be an autofill feature for newbies that dont realize their in a squad that has 1/10. Players load into a match, then leave the random squads they're thrown in to join their guild squad. This results in 15 squads with 1/10 players. When a shuffle like that happens, unless players go out of their way to form a private squad, all of those newbies in the 1/10 squads should be automatically consolidated into a single squad. It's I was in a match some while back where I saw squads no less than 12 squads, many with 1/10, 2/10 players. Either there's really no reason to join a squad because there's no real benefits, or nobody cares they're in their own squad, or both. Regardless those clueless players that dont realize they're in thier own squad could use a leg up by the system automatically consolidating squads to 10/10 after the match starts, unless, like I said, players form their own private squads.

-Warparty loading directly into a private squad when the match starts, instead of everyone having to leave squad, join squads. Isnt that the purpose of forming the Warparty in the first place? Like in Battlefield games, youre pre match squad that you que with, you're put right into the match in the same squad.
    Sumshine likes this.
  8. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

These are the sort of low-frequency attacks that should have some sort of stagger. However, it is possible that their frequency is too high and/or their stagger is too long.

It's supposed to suppress, so we will check it out and see if something was set up wrong.

I am passing it on!

Sprint/evade attacks shouldn't stagger. Do you know what weapon it was that hit you and who you were playing at the time?
    IdranelLives likes this.
  9. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

We removed ALL advancements for now. As mentioned in the original post, we changed a lot of the wargear and are going to bring back the advancements soon with the full & proper tree, as opposed to the test ones we had before.
  10. -When fighting versus Orks in melee I'm not seeing any of their animations. I dont see any wind up for their Dbash, I dont seem them swinging weapons. All i see is them standing there with arms down at sides then WHAM, i'm Dbashed or I'm eating melee strikes I dont see coming.
    DerelictHeretic and Xeltan like this.