Background Image

Game Design Update - August 12, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Actually in my opinion Harkuss is one of the only type maps where the timer makes sense. But then again you have almost 15 minutes to get to A, vs 8 minutes on other maps. An 8 minute match... it takes longer than that for me and friends to form a Warband, que up and enter the match.

The actual numbers for defenders could be adjusted.
    Flyby likes this.
  2. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Thanks - that one slipped by us. In the next patch we should have the wargear tooltips so we won't have to write the stats in the descriptions (and therefore this should happen less).
    FaintlyLucky likes this.
  3. I'm rather confused with the +2 and +3 health and armor trinkets. Both of those combined(+5 health or +5 Armor) are less health or armor than a single bolter round, are they it not?
    ArtemK, Sumshine and Forj like this.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Well that just dampened my Friday... it basically means that on launch if you wanna roll a God themed Sorc you will always be using the same two spells (heal and offensive power)...
    What happened to maledictions, benedictions, novas etc?
    Galen likes this.
  5. That 50LP, +10 armor item for Astartes in Wargear slot 1 buys the players how many more Bolt rounds of life? One or Two?

It would be really nice if we could see the Toughness breakdown compared to the 10% damage reduction item that costs 300 LP.

40 Toughness gives us what % damage reduction?
    30 Toughness gives us what % damage reduction?
    20 Toughness gives us what % damage reduction?
    Sumshine likes this.
  6. Out of 6 games I played today, 5 were in "randoms vs a big premade" mode – with constant taunting, spawn camping and “git gud scrubs”-routine in global chat. I mean, I like that I'm, apparently, not the biggest Eldrad of Forever Quest, but I'd also very much like to test orks in somewhat even conditions. Any plans to make some changes to matchmaking?
  7. Gboon Gboon Cipher

Have a little pop-up show up when creating a character asking if they'd like to disable cross-faction chat, and mention that it can be disabled/re-enabled at any time in the options menu.

Then have the global chat key put a message in the chat box saying "Global Chat has been disabled, if you'd like to re-enable it go to wordswordsblahblah.

Also forgot to say Orks seem great from the two hours I've been trying them out, congratulations on the release!
  8. -The number breakdowns on weapons and armor are confusing and could use a bit more explanation.

-This one is a MUST and UUUUUGE! Force Rating of each weapon shown in weapon stats. Actual ratings, not just tiers. Chain Axe is in Tier? Chain Axe is what % higher in Force than the Chainsword. Chainaxe is what % lower in Force than Power Axe? Chain Axe vs Power Sword which weapon has more force?
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

10% is fixed.
    thougness damage reduction change based on the weapon penetration.

generally 10% is good because work also against plasma etc etc..
    and also don't suffer from the diminishing return like thougness.

but we need more testing for understand how damage reduction stack with thougness.
  10. You really need to work on removing any possibility of spawn-camping, there should never EVER be a quad cannon in view of a spawn location. In one game, the opponents were blatantly ignoring the capture point, they just kept slaughtering anyone spawning near it, this should never happen either.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.