Background Image

Game Design Update - August 12, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrentEllison, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Thanks to Brent and team for getting this patch out. Here we go with the bug reports. Will post them as I find them.

In loadouts, "Stong Health" Purity seal only adds 10 points of health instead of 30. Since there is already a 10 point seal, this makes it effectively useless.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Great to see Orks finally go live! Congrats @BHVR.

-Automatic Reload on Pocket Rocket is conceptually devastating to melee classes, forcing unwanted action during close quarters fighting. I've been using the Pocket Rocket as a "Prep" for a melee assault, as have many others I"ve seen on UAT. We pop the Rocket from close range then immediately attack in melee. How's that going to work out standing there in melee range of an opponent, forced into waiting for our Pocket Rocket to reload?

-With the Ork shield conceptually NOT being as good as Astartes shield, what does the Slugga do better than a Shieldbro? How does the Slugga with Shield outshine all other GA builds?

Nobody wants to play an inferior class with an inferior shield, or an inferior Ork Faction that is/are inferior because of the lore. Nobody wants to spend LP on a shield thats crap. Personally, I'm not a fan of that concept. That concept would NEVER fly in Warhammer Online with Black Orks(Tank class) being inferior to Empire or Chaos Tanks. If anything the Ork Tanks in WAR are much tankier than any other race with the most HP available in game. The shield is everything, you have NOTHING else to bring to the fight and the shield is what defines your build.

Unless the Ork Slugga with shield does something substantially better than the Shieldbro(like +200 health), the "Ardboy" Ork with shield... I would never play it.

-The carry animation for Shoota Boy Rokkit could look a lot better. The weapon should either be carried 2 handed across the chest, or holding the weapon more towards the middle of the weapon as the character sprints.
  3. -I'm perplexed at Ground Assaults being reduced to 2 stamina by default. GAs are 100% dependent on mobility for every single kill, GAs use rolling both offensively to close the gap as well as using the roll defensively. Finally arriving at your target and being out of stamina is ridiculous.

Ranged classes depend on mobility defensively, but can score kills from afar without even moving. Considering Ground Assaults are 100% dependent on mobility for every single kill, how is it even remotely conceivable that GAs should have the same default stamina as ranged classes?
  4. IdranelLives IdranelLives Well-Known Member

Quick note: staggering is a lot like stun lock, and I kinda thought we had that conversation.

GA deserve to get screwed. Learn to use cover, bros, it's what everyone else does.
    Flyby likes this.
  5. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Awesome, can't wait to test that out!
    More awesome!
    I thought that was a given...
    XavierLight likes this.
  6. -Looking at the numbers for Astartes

1. Power Armor
    Armor 100 Toughness 100
    Armor regen delay: 6 seconds
    Armor regen rate: 25%

+50 LP for 10 Armor(Wargear slot 1)
    +20 LP for 3 Armor(Trinket)
    +10 LP for 2 Armor(Trinket)
    80 LP for 15 Armor

2. Artificer Power Armor
    Armor 120 Toughness 100
    Armor regen delay: 6 seconds
    Armor regen rate: 26.8%

300 LP for 20 Armor and 1.8% armor regen rate

Artificer Armor =+300 LP price tag for a net gain of 20 armor and 1.8% armor regen

vs

Wargear and Trinkets 80 LP for 15 Armor

Net difference.

It costs +220 LP more than the 80 LP price tag for a net gain 5 additional armor and 1.8% additional armor regen to Equip the Artificer Armor.
    Kromulous likes this.
  7. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

9 for launch, which including the melee and wargear adds up to quite a lot of options for a single class. Psychic powers are easy to add, but we really need to catch the Space Marines and Ork support characters up before giving Chaos even more variety.
    Grigdusher likes this.
  8. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

It's pretty common for MMOs with factions to not allow chat between the factions. As I said if we can work out an alternate means of making this work then we might add it but based on everything we've seen so far (and what most other games of this type do), global chat brings out the absolute worst in many of our users.
  9. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

I have to say, I'm not a fan of this new timer feature I, just played a game on the fortress as defender and there was about five min left of the game. We had about 60 tickets left so I thought it was a win yeah, but when A gets captured the attackers got 10 extra min.

Yeah, I am not a fan of this new feature. :/
  10. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Give it a try and see. The way the dbash is currently set up I think it's quite rare that being able to cancel it will allow you to win against an opponent that chose a power attack. The purpose of allowing you to cancel is that there are lots of other things your opponent can do while you're stuck in a dbash, which is the longest of the three attacks, and historically getting locked into a dbash has allowed opponents to doom you.

If it does end up breaking the system (and I wouldn't use this week's patch as the ultimate judge of that since there are still a bunch of fixes we're doing for the RPS system) then of course we will reconsider this. The fact that you can move while performing the attack already gives it more flexibility than it had before.
    DerelictHeretic likes this.