Background Image

Game basics; where to start

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by Data8671, Feb 26, 2018.

Was this helpful or do you think it will be helpful to new players?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have decided to rewrite my thread 'New players; read this' in a better format across multiple posts.

Why join a squad?
    • Everyone in a game is in a squad between 1 player and 10 players
    • There are bonuses for being in a large squad, such as xp when someone in your squad gets a kill, or bonus xp if the squad leader has marked a point
    • You have access to your squad's transport as a mobile spawn point. Transports are very important for this reason and a team has a limited number at a time, so make sure you are in a large squad, so the most people benefit from it.
    • How to join a squad: pause and press 'Change Squad', click on the squad you want to join and press 'Join'
    Squad Leaders
    • A squad leader's job is to lead their squad by marking points, which tells players where to go. This also gives bonus xp to everyone in the squad, but the squad leader gets a lot more.
    • If you appear first in the list of names in your squad (on the left), you are a squad leader. It will also have a star next to your
    • How to mark a point: aim directly at the point and press and hold 'Q'. Alternatively rally players to your self by pressing 'V' then '3' then '1'

Capturing and interrupting
    • Only loadouts with Capture Keys can capture
    • The first time a point is captured by the attackers, it will give extra time.
    • Points that you have lost can be recaptured in Supremacy mode, this is really important.
    • How to capture a point: to capture a point held by the enemy team (they will be displayed in red), hold 'E' while near it until the bar that appears fills and it will start to capture. It will take 30 seconds or so to capture once you have held E to start the capture, so make sure there are other players with you to defend it.
    Interrupting a capture
    • This is how a defending team stops a capture of a point
    • It's very hard to interrupt in a room full of enemies
    • How to interrupt a capture: similarly to capturing, be near your point and hold 'E' until the bar that appears fills.

Best classes to use to learn
    • The rank and file Space Marines, also the most numerous. They are very important as they can capture and have access to the most versatile and reliable weapon: the Boltgun.
    • Bring frag grenades unless you want to hunt tanks, in which case use Melta Bombs and a Meltagun
    • As you unlock more wargear through supply drops (more commonly known as loot boxes, content list is here: ), you will get attachments for your Boltgun, currently the most popular set of attachments is to give it the highest capacity magazine you have, the CQC barrel and the textured grip.
    • Like a Tactical Marine that is a medic.
    • Use 'F' to heal
    • Try to unlock the Apothecarion Beacon (in 'Advancements'), throw it like a grenade (G) and it will stay on the ground for a while, healing all Space Marines near it.

Feel free to write bits that I've missed for me to put in.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude you miss something

tactical support and def heavies like devastator

assault def tactical

jump assault harass heavies and tactical

kill the healer first

collect more skull

and have fun don't be greedy teamwork is the goal to win
  3. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

Always good to see people helping the new guys out!
  4. Yep just what I try to do when I can instead of stomping them and telling them to get good or don't play the game.
    Talron likes this.
  5. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

And listen to people on the chat who seem to know what they are doing.
    Data8671 likes this.
  6. Yes!!!!