Background Image

Founder's Program: How Excited Are You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuillaumeBergerot, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Steve1945 New Member

I just want to know where I can throw my money. I mean iv been throwing it at GW for the last 10 years, so not knowing all the details doesn't bother me so much. I just want to get the damn founders program.
  2. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Visit www.eternalcrusade.com in 5 days, there will be a new website where you can buy the founders pack.
  3. Fenris Fenris Cipher

I'm more excited about the Founder's Pack than Frosted Flakes and they're Greeaaaaaaattttttt!
  4. Steve1945 New Member

Excellent. My bank account positively quivers at the thought of my frivolous spending.
  5. Khyrus Khyrus Menial

so ridiculously excited for the class roster...
    my alt will be an eldar after all.

twitchy. I'm so twitchy now.
  6. Captain Warlock Fitzford Well-Known Member

I am excited for the game, not for the Founder's Program.
    You expect players to spend either 40, 80, or 120 dollars on a game of which we haven't even seen any gameplay of. If you buy the Founder's Program, you are either way too blindly trusting of the promises of developers or outright stupid. It's the exact same thing as pre ordering games. Paying money before you know the game will be any good.
    You hear it nearly every month, players disappointed because they pre ordered a game and the game turned out to be a massive disappointment, because it either sucked or just couldn't live up to the hype. And then they pre order another game anyway.
    On top of that, you're rewarding blind faith with tons cosmetics, weapons, vehicles, classes. Sorry, but having blind faith in anything is stupid. Especially a game of which we've seen basically nothing.
    Musibatkhan likes this.
  7. Khyrus Khyrus Menial

We have seen gameplay footage. It didn't look good compared to a finished game (pre-production footage) mind you, so I'm not gonna argue against you.
  8. Musibat Khan Musibat-Khan Active Member

Excited for the game ? yes ( but I need to see more )

Excited about the Founders Pack? No not at all. Ive had enough of throwing money at GW Ip based game.

I love GW IP both Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k. But mostly the games don't live up to the name.

+ there is no news on wether this will be on consoles or Not. ( PS4 ) This is just how I feel so please don't question me why I don't want it on PC or what ever. ( I own a very good PC Rig)

when I told my friends about it most of them asked if this is like Space marine it will be better to play it on Console. So personally My Hype keeps going down because every time this question is raised it seems as if there is very slight chances of it being on Console.

and the people that I play with want this on console. Hence I want it on console.

As for the footage we have seen, that did not get me excited either. I know it is inspired by THQs Space marine (+ cover system thrown in it ) but I didn't see any thing new so Far.

My greatest Fear is that this will turn out to be like Warhammer online: age of reckoning. where the developers promised much more than what they could achieve.

Don't Flame me. The OP asked us to be truthful.
  9. Considering that AAA games, indie games, steam greenlight games, and kickstarter games are all in a rut of showing off vague concepts, or broken games (Battlefield 4), straight up fake footage, or downgrading games upon release (Dark Souls 2 and Watch Dogs) I will not be coming anywhere close to getting founders with the current info available.

Maybe the site update will come with a bunch of believable footage of gameplay. That would sway me a bit, but I would still be wary since the recent spurt of games being absolutely atrocious.
    Musibatkhan likes this.
  10. Khyrus Khyrus Menial

When the discussions with Sony and Microsoft goes well, and Eternal Crusade is infact brought on consoles its one and the same server. You won't notice differences between pc-users and console-users.

---
    ontopic

considering that the founderspack is avaiable until right before launch, its just reasonable to be cautious. why you see so many people here "buying into" it, is, because they are heavily invested. why? because members like grigdusher, tornadium and urian velos are chatting with the devs regularly. familiarity breeds a sense of safety. ofc its no guarantee, that the game will be good.

but in that regard, you may want to participate in the discussions. if you have criticism, and you voice it well, than you're contributing to the cause. that being a good game.