Background Image

Founders Pack Early Access Clarification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tornadium, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Hey Folks,

I know there are other threads talking about this but I feel this needs to have it's own thread because it's pretty important information.

I had a chat with Miguel about the Early Access/Testing part of the Founders Package. He asked me to communicate this out as we had a large discussion on IRC about it and concerns were raised. It's certainly resolved a lot of these concerns and it's a bit more information for everyone else regarding it.

Enjoy!

Alpha/Beta/Playtests
    Modular testing

I'm pretty pleased that beta is unrestricted by Tier (even though I intend to buy the $120 pack).
    Xanohel, Karukus, Valrak and 4 others like this.
  2. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

Sticky please.

Also that kinda sucks that you don't get the 'candy' in January if you don't pay 120$ :(. But I guess as a 'whale' you should be entitled to more. Personally don't like it, but can understand it.
  3. Jericho Jericho Forum Beta Tester

I see what you did there :p
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Similar sentiments, even if im most likely to go for the max pack (if it is in € that is, if not most likely the mid one).
    I mean, its a SP module you run at home, doesent stress them or their servers really. So the "tiering" is kinda obsolete on this end imo.

Though i understand i guess, seeing as there are no other incentives to pay for higher packages that we know of (Miguel did mention some before, but then said something along the lines of "no difference aside from this tiering"). Gotta give people reasons to pay for the max pack in some way, and putting that on the table in comparison to tiering cosmetics or features....i think a month of wait is the better option.
    Bladerunner and Kaldor Draigo like this.
  5. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

Frankly I'd be surprised if you got more than a few hours out of that first module (A shooting range. Wee.)!

I'm also assuming that by the time 40$ bracket access comes around in March, a second module may/or not be ready! I'd say I'm happy to wait for that.

EDIT: Personally I still can't say whether I'll be getting more than the base pack as I haven't seen the actual rewards.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Hmm interesting question, i wonder though if we all become "equal" come March. As in will we be seeing the month/two months differences in new module availability even after March to differ them all still.
    Im 99% sure we wont, just thinking aloud i guess. Would be crazy bad if we did though.
    Kell likes this.
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

umm add all i think we need a massive post with all the info, so also class etc etc
  8. Kell Kell Well-Known Member

at this time its only the game module delay but i'm afraid that by time there could be more things by which people who pay more are prefered. i hope it won't go that way... i really hope.
  9. Zhull Zhull Well-Known Member

is there a non disclosure agreement etc?
    cos id like to see some footage of prgogress via yuotube.
  10. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think its ok if its just access to the game module being earlier. But if they start introducing tier based exclusive items, theres gonna be some jimmies rustling in the wind.