Background Image

Founder’s Program Philosophy - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Houman, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Because a lot of people haven't posted anything but voted.
  2. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

Well, I think I've just accidentally voted yes... I didn't mean to. :(
  3. This for planned features to not get cut. They are not going to added just secure features to make sure they get added. For example server size could get cut but with more money they may be able to up them.
  4. FarseerDaneel FarseerDaneel Well-Known Member

I voted yes because voting content off the table seems crazy to me.

*Via phone. Forgive.
    Plzbanme likes this.
  5. Perhaps you should "Bold" the second part of the statement, and even put it into first post.
    Because I'm afraid lot's of people are getting "mixed" signals about what are those stretch goals?

Are they:
    a) - just additional cosmetics for founder packages, (where you need to decide if people are more interested in let's theorycraft, a Spacewolf skin for rhino or a blood angel skin for dreadnought)
    b) - Part's of game that are interesting, and you would want to make them, but they are not 100% necessary for the game to be launched (example - arenas or some kind "Scenarios" like in Warhammer Online), and you need to choose how to spend people and resources on these "bonuses" according to what people want to see when the game releases
    c) - Some "crazy" stuff that would add additional content to the game, but could be hard to implement and would require lot's of manpower and resources (example is "Starcitizen", altough I invested in that game, Sometimes i fear mr. Roberts is going for some really megalomaniac goals that have absolutely nothing to do with Space sim, only makes team loose focus and delays in release of core game)

So if you could give us such answer/explanation, I believe people would better understand what "stretch goals" mean, I suppose you are talking about "b)" , but wouldn't mind some confirmation!
    Psyctooth likes this.
  6. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

As has been said, this is not to add NEW features but to make sure ones they had planned to be included don't get cut due to lack of funds.

The more accurate approach to this would be to make sure they know when to cut themselves off of even this so that we have steady content updates after the game launches. Use it as more of long term boost to the first year or so of the game.
  7. Jazz Jazz Active Member

Psyctooth is right about one thing; there is a lot of negativity going around these player-backed projects. I know that this Founder's Program is different because the game's getting made anyway, but the sour taste is still there after most rose-coloured glasses have been lifted from Kickstarter.

The idea is actually brilliant. The more money you know that you have on the table, the more you can squeeze in. My advice is to just be sure to plan appropriately. There have been a few Kickstarters that have collapsed on themselves because they've recieved too much money - and then they tried to do too much and ended up needing more. I don't want that to happen to you guys.

My second piece of advice is more of a request. If you're like more people throwing down money for a Founder's Program, I think I speak for a few when I say that we need more proof of concept videos - something showing gameplay and then saying how you'd improve it with more money. It'd make me feel much more comfortable knowing that I'm investing in the right thing.

That's my 2-pence.
    PlaguePriest, Valrak and DjemoSRB like this.
  8. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

On this point...

• Identity – Enhance your character’s core identity with unique Founders-only squad emblems, Heroes, and background-related titles, biographies, and cosmetics

Please make it so any "hero" that gets controlled are of your own creation with GW's approval and not an already established character. I'd rather not ever see a player muck up some epic hero.

*Idea!*

Heroes should be in game rendition of the developers :p
  9. Thrishmal Thrishmal Prefectus

I think that clarifies it a bit. I am not sure that Stretch Goal is going to be a good term for it though.

Perhaps give the whole thing a bit of a theme with "Objectives" to be attained with the raising of money. Do some fun story stuff for funding the war effort to carry the battle on towards a certain goal. It makes it sound less dismal.

War Effort: $50,000 Objective: Take the battle to the skies!
    Description: With these holy tributes to the God Emperor, we are able to fund our force of fliers over the field of battle, ensuring support to our troops on the ground.

or some such thing like that.
    PlaguePriest likes this.
  10. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

Actually this is answered right in the post!

Sort of an a la carte of a Founder's Package, something I improve of immensely.
    Drakkenfel likes this.