Background Image

Forgrim's Videos and Guides

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by Forj, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Yeah, like I said, my new mouse settings have made a difference. Previously, I wouldn't have gotten that kill.
  2. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Weekly Crusade #3 is up, in which I talk about player behavior, odd matchmaking, dbash not working for me, and one of the reasons I'm hilariously bad in melee.

3. Leaker Leaker Recruit

Well said on the topic of civility at the start of the video. Also, thanks for offering the perspective on the other classes, even if the melee didn't quite go your way. Keep up the great work on the videos.
    ByeBye and Forj like this.
  4. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Weekly Crusade #4 is up. With everyone waiting for Patch #19, it's been another quiet week, so I go on a bit of a rant. I talk about my thoughts on the many ways that the Heavy Bolter is killed, compared to how many ways it can get kills, how I find Devastator melee boring, and give two lists: things that irk me, and the things to do to avoid them.

5. Iron Dragon ByeBye Well-Known Member

Great vid. The only suggestion I have for melee anymore is Krak Grenade them. Ever since the changes to D-bash and stun times I find the only thing I can do as a Heavy in melee is D-bash and throw a krak grenade. Sure I'm going to die, but that was going to happen anyway. At least now they won't be continuing their reign of terror. Dirty trick I know, but hey I gotta do something, and maybe this will make them think twice before trying to come at me.

As for the rest of the things that were driving you mad this week. Amen I am right there with you on all of them. Well maybe not the last one. Maybe you should amend it to be kill the heavies that aren't me. Yeah that is much better sounding.
    Leaker, Bladerunner777 and Forj like this.
  6. Leaker Leaker Recruit

Good video, as always. Concur on the issues driving you mad. Perhaps with the changes to brace, it will allow the HB to sit back a little more, thereby mitigating the effects of that delay in firing. Less requirement to wade into the thick of fights and get surprised by someone from around the corner.
    Forj and ByeBye like this.
  7. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

Your Ending Rant about vehicles, heavies, capturing points, etc....

[​IMG]
    Leaker, Forj and ByeBye like this.
  8. Leaker Leaker Recruit

My my my, isn't this just a delightful HB love fest? Chaos, LSM, Eldar, Orks, (eventually, sorry bros), all are welcome in the HB community, where we are instantly and universally bonded over the unique joys and "features" of the HB.
    ByeBye and Forj like this.
  9. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

This is no longer fresh, life got in the way of posting it up. But here's my first impressions of Patch #19, unfiltered but edited down. I talk about Loadouts, Garrison, the new Heavy Bolter mechanics and its performance in PvP and PvE, and take a look at my first Hive mission. It's a long one, so here's some shortcuts:

Assault Loadouts
    New Mechanics
    Hive Mission
    PvP
    Summary
    ByeBye and Leaker like this.
  10. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Posted Weekly Crusade #5, rather later I'm sorry. However, this meant that I was posting after the forums blew up, so I was able to touch on those revelations. In this weeks video, I talk about PvE, the future of the heavy bolter, my time with a Plasma Cannon, and touch on forum posts about Plasma Guns, Melee, and Dark Reapers. I also give some brief thoughts on the aftermath of the Forum-storm about the Zoran-Brent Interview.

GrazewoundZeroLow, Bugz and ByeBye like this.