Background Image

Forge World: Horus Hersey

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by GreyLegion34, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Murtag Murtag Cipher

reviving this thread because reasons

after discovering a cheaper alternative to GW, some of my friends are thinking of slowly building up 30k armies. I'm sticking with my legion/chapter of choice, Raven Guard. The issue is that I need Heresy-era lightning claws. The power weapon set from Forge World has two pairs I think. But that's a steep price if I'm buying the pack just for the claws. Anyone know good bit sites that would sell the old lightning claws? I can't have 40k ones, except maybe one pair.
  2. 0SSIFRAGE likes this.
  3. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Yea, I guess I could use those. I had considered using raptor talons as well.
  4. Skarboy Skarboy Well-Known Member

Oh, was hoping for something along these lines. My local gamer group is doing a bunch order and I've been wracking my brain concerning what to order. I've even asked around from multiple friends about which Legion would be the best fit.

I think I'll be going with the Night Raptor models, though truth be told.. I'm also a big fan of Pre-Heresy Iron Warriors and White Scars. Unfortunately from the screenshot earlier in this thread, it doesn't look like the White Scars will be making an appearance for quite some time. Perhaps just buy the Night Raptors now to model, then decide on an army to ever so slowly build in time.

The issue I have with HH is I have four Legions that I absolutely adore.

Alpha Legion, White Scars, Night Lords, and Iron Warriors.
  5. Beriorn Beriorn Subordinate

I think that the fourth Horus Heresy book is very disappointing, with only stuff on the Solar Auxilia, Knights and the AdMech? And no Space Marine stuff? No rules on new Legions and such?

Come on guys, you can do better than that.
  6. I heard there be more on the Alpha Legion, Iron Hands, and possibly other Legions.
  7. Beriorn Beriorn Subordinate

Only repeating of old legions, nothing on the new ones.
  8. Skarboy Skarboy Well-Known Member

While I am also equally bummed out about the new book (Since it simply feels like a delay on the release of my beloved White Scars), if it brings some of the older Legions up to three units like the Emperor's Children, that sounds fair to me. The Word Bearers could certainly use a Terminator unit, the Death Guard could use a unit which isn't Terminators.. Etc.