Background Image

Forge District Zedek Feedback.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bezanna, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

No one forces defenders to funnel through middle back door, exposing themselves like ducks on hunt, yet they all do.

No one prohibits defenders from using a detour and getting on the balcony flank through destroyed part of building.

The layout does not favor attackers.
    It favors players who use brains and know the routes.

3 players can easily clear whole balcony because attackers are always focused on the back of lower level.
    Bugz and Forj like this.
  2. I know what you mean, and personally I use those parts to do exactly what you describe. But still, if the mayority acts like ducks on a hunt it's a sign of not so good map design. May it be a missing balcony, or bad spawn points that all send you in the wrong direction, or whatever. You can't expect everyone to be a veteran with good map knowledge.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Ofc I am not expecting everyone to be a veteran, but there is always at the very least one in every singular match.

Plus, if maps were designed around all the noobs, we'd have flat surfaces with single capture point on as small space as possible.

Sorry, but noobs are never an argument in a discussions about balance or map design.

Noobs will and do fail equally hard on advantageous position, because they don't have any kind of map awareness and are incapable of learning.

There is no issue with the point layout, however there are too many issues with players putting blinders on their eyes and being completely oblivious to all the flanks they have to exploit.
  4. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

That top balcony IS the secondary objective. Whoever holds it has the advantage. You can't say "The map favours the attackers because if they hold the balcony they win easily" when the same is true of the defenders if they hold the balcony. If you're defending, and you know the attackers will win if they take the balcony, don't let them take the balcony.
    Bugz, Deathwish and Katitof like this.