Background Image

Flyers !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khanistrello, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Would you like to see Flyers added to the game ?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    39.0%
  1. As mentioned above I would enjoy flying transports more than anything else. Player attack craft have a very nasty tendency of getting overpowered. The foot-slogging should always be the primary focus, everything should accommodate that.
  2. wow, did not expect that there is more people against flyers than for. gonna watch this thread :) very interesting!
    Khanistrello and DiscoJacen like this.
  3. larrence larrs Curator

I would love to see it on paper but gameplay wise I think it's a good idea to leave them out untill Mabey they have a good one for each race but it would break Emerson unless they were easy to kill. That is a problem with planet side I think vehicles are a little bit to strong especially from rocket launchers because they should pierce armor. It would be great if they found an even ground though because the scale of these worlds would be sweet to fly around in.
  4. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

I don't want them completly out, just continue with your plan on keeping them npcs for now.
    DiscoJacen likes this.
  5. Policenaut Policenaut Forum Beta Tester

My reasoning is that, when you bring in flyers, you're bringing in a whole 'nother aspect of gameplay and another item to juggle in balancing. I'd rather have great infantry combat and no/delayed aerial combat than mediocre infantry combat and possibly unbalanced aerial combat. Yes, I know it's a false dilemma and it's possible that they could make fantastic aerial and infantry combat. But it just feels like a safe bet to say that if they focus on ground combat, then we can be assured it'll be great rather than taking that risk of including aerial combat.
    So'Kiel likes this.

6. Fix't
    DiscoJacen and So'Kiel like this.

7. good point, exactly what we think too - lets make a good game first, then add other fun stuff, if we can bring it to same kind of quality :) I personally always hated in some shooters where you had planes, helicopters etc, that they never felt right, and it was either too hard to have fun with them, or they where just to easy to use etc.
    What I can promise is, if we ever get flyers in the game to be controlled by players, then we do it right and make them not only good for combat, but give them purpose and make them fun!
  8. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

I have a couple of reasons I do not want to see them in game

1. As everyone said there difficult to balance correctly and keep fun

2. From an optimization side I believe its the best to leave them out. I think that is one of the reasons PS2 suffers so badly at times in the huge fire fights is mass rocket spam and friendly player collisions.
  9. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

keep them as npc drop ships that carry players to ceratin points but can be boarded if 2 dropships cross paths like ork and elder they board
  10. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

keep them as npc drop ships that carry players to ceratin points but can be boarded if 2 dropships cross paths like ork and elder they board but implement them after the game has been around a while so people don't just camp them keep them flying out of player range