Background Image

'Flaming Bolter' for Tzeentch

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Eagle_11, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

- Has inbuilt blazing rounds identical to that of loyalists
    - is locked to triple burst fire
    - is unique therefore unmoddable
    - requires mark of tzeentch
    - in any other remaining aspect identical to regular bolter
    - comes out of 12k box
    would that be an ok ?
  2. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

A LotD Bolter that CSM can use as much as they want per match? Are you mad? LSM would never let you hear the end of it!
  3. I'm sure loyalists would accommodate in exchange for some Ruinous powers :CSMIron: Namely the NCS, imagine an Apothecary of Nurgle! lawl
  4. Brother Gurglog reporting for duty!
    Feeling too healthy? No problem, I'll have you running writhe with disease in no time!

[​IMG]
    Schwifty likes this.
  5. burst fire would make it useless
    Other than that yeeeeeeesssss
  6. its nearly impossible to trade ehp with tzeench marine, now you want to give them a flame ammo? madness but will be funny. a kinda eldar-like with ehp, without speedbonues, with super armor regen and dot bolter. cool. would like to taste loyal tears.
  7. @Eagle_11 This is a good idea, it'd make it more worth while for people to actually use MoT, it also gave me the idea to allow more armour for just MoT Sorcerers to make the mark worth while taking.

But yeah burney bullets is kindof LSM's thing, they'd surely be up in arms about Chaos getting it even if it's only for MoT and would likely want their own version of a dot melee weapon in exchange.

Go take a look you may be interested; Mark of Tzeentch - More Armour for Sorcerers
  8. Tzeentch Traitors are allready weaker by 15% Health compared to their marine counterparts.
    This could even the playingfield a little, allthough care must be taken that it's still situational.

Otherwise, i like!
  9. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Tzeentch begs to differ http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno_Weapons

What he described is pretty much the standard inferno bolter which is fits the hit and recover play style of tzeentch very well. I think this would make a fine addition to the Chaos armory especially since tzeentch has no dedicated weapons as of now.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Wait...
    Did someone in here say burning bullets is a LSM thing ?
    • Inferno Bolts (Imperial) - alternate bolter ammunition designed to immolate their targets and destroy them with superheated chemical fire.
    • Inferno Weapon - alternate bolter ammunition used by followers of Tzeentch, the bolts wreathed in sorcerous blue-white fire that explode on contact with an enemy.

Tzeentch is not amused...

Maybe make it Vet only like LSM have atm .. or just make the whole mark of tzeentch Vet only and be done with it It was its initial intend wasn't it ?
    So just make the whole mark vet only and be done with it .. than add wargear to the mark suited for a vet.

Its the most simple solution to the Mot problem if you ask me and it's the most lore correct one as well since usually ppl marked by the big T aren't casuals they are successful champions or leaders or what have you. that's how they get selected by Tzeentch .. tzeentch doesn't favor scrubs..