Background Image

First Ork Model Released

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Wolffe, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I second this WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!
  2. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see a set up where the Ork body type is set into boundaries and the player themselves can modify the parameters, the other factions haver practically no wiggle room other than face profile as power armour and aspect armour are pretty much standards but Orkz can be of any and all body types with a huge variation.
  3. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

I could see a height bar for LSM/CSM/Eldar to add a little variety since they arnt all the same height within their factions
  4. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that power and terminator armours were standard sizes and every marine was genetically manipulated to fit.
  5. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

theres plenty of fluff references to a variation in height between battle brothers,
    even one fluff piece about a wolfguard so large he had to have his standard power armour adjusted by adding TDA parts to allow for his great height/breadth
  6. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

They definitely vary in most sources. They're generally regarded as between 7 and 8 feet tall. The BL novels tend to have some who are slightly taller than others (even disregarding the daft ones BL have written of), but most other sources don't really differentiate (maybe because the models don't vary in size?)

I think it's important to remember they're not clones, their bodies all have different starting points, and they end up with variant in height and size.
  7. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Agreed but regardless of what sources state as height differences in marines, most sources agree that the knowledge on how to make power and terminator armour has been lost to antiquity and they are all ancient suits inherited by new recruits from dead marines.
  8. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

Also true. There'd be a little give, but probably not a foot's worth. It's another issue with GW not properly explaining things that their BL counterparts then go on to explain if far more depth (often at the writer's discretion - which apparently they don't bother checking adds up to what's written elsewhere - which is how we end up with variation in a lot of topics), and they don't agree fully.
  9. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

I can't see a chapter modifying the size of a suit due to not wishing to damage it's integrity, I assume that the ancient marines the armour was made for were different heights and to my mind they get a new recruit, add the geneseed and then during genetic modification modify the new recruit to fit dead brother [insert name here]'s power armour. It will always be modifying the recruit to a larger size anyway than he already is.

GW needs to produce a FAQ list of established lore and demand all BL and codex resources comply to it.
  10. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

I don't think the ability to make power armor was lost, otherwise there wouldn't be mark VIII armor. I would also think that there would be a lot more naked marines running around if they couldn't produce more, there's no way repairs could keep up with total losses over the years.