Background Image

First Ork Model Released

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Wolffe, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

^this

I really don't like the potbelly it makes the ork look like a fanatsy troll I could live with it if it's a bad moon because they notoriously have potbellies since they have the most teef and the most food on other orks it's a no no. Maybe retract the potbelly to just a bit of gut than we are good because orks have the phisiology of a strong man ( look and the space marine proportions discussion and you'll understand what I mean ) with a bit if gut but no potbelly unless bad moon especially not goffs ( I'm a death skull ) since ya know they work out more since ONlY CLOSE COMBAT the other Clans are alright but I don't really expect the devs to have a difference on character due to clan like potbelly or not but they might but I've said this before and I'll say it again devs don't over work yourselves take your time the deadline isn't anywhere near soon and you've done ALOT for pre-alpha it looks like space marine and better than some games where in closed beta *coughcoughesocoughcough* well if the other races where added then it would be equal to them in closed beta but you get me.
    Psyctooth likes this.
  2. I agree that the gut could stand to be slightly reduced. It sure shouldn't become a six pack or anything though, we don't need no bodybuilder orks.
  3. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Orkz are solid muscle, all brute force. They are the only race in the TT that has an armour save when naked and they are far tougher and stronger than marines, most of the marine's strength and toughness is lent to them by their power armour.
  4. On tabletop, an ork boy is on about equal footing with a guardsman in hand to hand combat. If we look at lore, there's no way a naked space marine would ever lose a fight against a guardsman (or any other normal human without power armor). Sure, a nob also wouldn't but I really don't think we can conclude that orks are always definitively stronger than space marines even if we take armor out of the picture. Of course, we also get orks like the Overfiend and the Arch-Arsonist who could probably take any single unit the marines could throw at them short of a Titan, and Gharkull Blackfang almost killed the Emperor, but the common ork is not nearly that tough.
  5. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

In TT but you're comparing TT to lore which doesn't work at all. Going by lore a naked ork with 1 arm could kill 5-10 depending on clan and in lore a naked space marine could kill a similar number depending on chapter but when is their a non scout space marine out of armor aren't they physically bound to it or something ? Yea TT wise one guardsmen can kill a fully armed marine with a bit of luck from the dice god nuffle and Lady Luck but can do the same without as much luck so really TT and lore are hard to rely on
  6. Kudzu Kudzu Cipher

Baseline Guardsmen hits first with 1 attack on 4's, wounds on 5's.
    Baseline Ork with Slugga/Choppa has 3 attacks, hits on 3's, wounds on 4's.
    That's not equal footing at all.
    GarySharp likes this.
  7. That's actually the main point I was attempting to support.
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

and no, in the HH books there are many accounts of marines "suiting up" with the help of battle brothers, servitors, serfs etc,

and if they are portrayed as "suiting up" then it stands to reason that they wernt wearing it before they started to "suit up"

they take it off to be more comfortable at homebase/ship and to preform maintainance/cleaning/rituals on it etc
  9. Space marines are physically bound to the Black Carapace, (which looks exactly as it sounds) but the majority of the armor is removable. The Black Carapace is just a neural interface thing, it has minimal defensive functionality and doesn't enhance strength at all.
  10. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

and the black carapace is implanted sub-dermally.....its actually beneath the skin,

with the multiple interface ports (think the jack socket in the back of Neo and others necks in Matrix) protruding from points over the bodies