Background Image

First Ork Model Released

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Wolffe, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Uzgub Glowgob Uzgub Active Member

Honestly I am not a fan of the look, it looks too much like the Dark Millenium ork models which to me were terrible. I would rather have them like the Space Marine orks, especially how their nobs looked. So far I am not too impressed so I hope these get re-worked or I might just jump ship.
  2. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Yeah I am not really digging the Eldar model, but I like the Ork, I think they should use the style SM had.
    Rickmar, So-Kiel and Capital_G like this.
  3. God God Well-Known Member

You're going to jump ship because of how a model looks? Before we've even seen any ork gameplay? That seems very premature, my friend
    Braken, Rickmar and Capital_G like this.
  4. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

my only concern with the ork model is the way the head sits low...its going to make a headshot on one of them impossible except from directly in front pretty much which seems a bit unfair lol
    bossaroo likes this.
  5. Moar dakka!!
    Grumsh and Capital_G like this.
  6. @ TARL68 - Dats just how a ol' Orkz Boyz 'eah be. If humies wanta shoot us da teef then do it in da front.
    Capital_G and Mekboss Grimcog like this.
  7. Uzgub Glowgob Uzgub Active Member

"might" is the word here, I am still cautious. I am not person that blindly follows a game, I have been burned by that blind devotion too much. I am still waiting patiently to see some actual gameplay footage of the orks and other races first, I am still planning on playing chaos space marines anyway. I am a fan of the 40k setting as a whole, its just Orks I like the most for their dark humour and their slapdash hodge podge technology. So there is no harm in being cautious about games now, especially how the gaming industry is.
  8. Appledrink Appledrink First Blood!

I feel the same way. The Space Marine orks seemed pretty alright. I don't really care for the cut on this guy's jib, but I ain't gonna jump ship about it.
  9. I've always been under the assumption that there was a "defined" look for Games Workshop Orks in video games. From my viewpoint, Orks from Warhammer Online(I had a 100 Choppa, and a Black Ork character) look exactly like Orks from THQ Space Marine... which look exactly like Orks from Dawn of War II. There are of course MINOR variations in head size/shape for customization options and to give different Orks slightly variable looks so they're not all clones. The armor from Fantasy to 40K is different, but the Orks still look the same, at least from my perspective.

The Ork presented by behavior is just ONE model, I understand that completely, but something seems really OFF with the look, specifically with the head, compared to the other games I've played. Perhaps it's just the pose, the fact it has no teeth or tusks, and the fact it's not colored. I'm interested in seeing a full blown model.

right click/view image

Warhammer Online

[​IMG][​IMG]
  10. Dawn of War II:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    unstable likes this.