Background Image

First Ork Model Released

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Wolffe, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Are you sure you're not thinking of primarchs? Because they're not exactly the same as your ordinary marine.
    I don't think that kind of aesthetic stuff is class-dependent. I'm pretty sure that's stuff you buy from the cash shop.
  2. Guirlos Guirlos Member

Honestly, between the SM fanatics who like to chat here, and the discussion about ork clans, I think this topic is lost. The issue here is the ork model, to be precise the old model. Now we have a new ork model thanks to the livestream and we can discuss if the new model has improved in something or not, a thing that few people here are talking about it.

The two other topics must be forgotten: the SM discussion for obvious reasons; this is the Ork forum. The subject of the clans is not so obvious but; a) ork clans represent 'affinities' with some style of warfare, even when some lore says that the Bad Moons produce more teeth than the rest of the other orks. So every ork is 'similar' to each other, they may vary in size or color, but they must be similar. a.1) If we accept that clans represent groups of orks that like to fight in a similar manner, we have to accept that the difference between them must be because of their preference in the use of certain weapons, armour color, etc., not their anatomy. Think of this as a group of fans of different teams on sports.

This model is the basic or 'modular' ork that is why is a model and not a character or a player, so if it doesn't look like a nob, or a meganob, or a loota or a weirdboy is because its the mold of all of them. That being said, I must agree with some of you, I like this model, even the belly fits for me, they are strong, but naturally strong not bodybuilders, take a look at a bear, or a big predator none of them are slim, but everyone has powerfull legs and jaw, orks should be like that. I liked the idea of them walking like a gorila or at least running using his arms, orks have long and strong arms according to the codex. Also the position of the neck seems correct to me. I would like to see their eyes more small and malevolent two tiny red eyes of pure malevolence with a big mouth.

I don't expect to insult anyone, so if someone is offended I apologize. And sorry about my bad english if there is a mistake, surely there are a lot.
    Case_Ninsei, Appledrink and Antaeus like this.
  3. Your attempts to alter the path of discussion would be more likely to succeed if you did anything to facilitate the new topic, like posting an image of the new model or at least linking the archived video.
    Guirlos likes this.
  4. Guirlos Guirlos Member

5. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a perspective thing, Orkz were most definitely the comic relief of 40k way back then, you see defining fluff, I see adding to it and changing it, either way Marines have evolved over the years and become stupid powerful in the novels to the point where it's gotten out of hand imho.
  6. Fireeye Fireeye Well-Known Member

Orkz always were a comic relief thing. All other factions meanwhile got more and more grimdark.

Also, if you want to go for a laugh, go read up Inquisitior Obi-Wan from Rogue Trader.
  7. Wif some mor dakka an armor da gitz wil deal some nice deff to the umies an space elves. Lookin forward to smash some eads wif im.
  8. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

Thread necromancy
    Tyranids likes this.