Background Image

First Ork Model Released

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Wolffe, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Pretty sure that's not true.
    This, on the other hand, WOULD take technology that's been lost. The space marines don't have nearly that level of control over the process. They just stick a bunch of organs in there and the geneseed does the rest.

They probably have something like that internally, but from our perspective we have plenty to go by and the new fluff rarely contradicts anything from the last couple decades.
  2. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

I'm certain that's not true, for a start go back to the '90s and marines were just 7 foot tall religious fanatics and general all round psychopaths with super human strength and speed. Now some lore has them up to 10 foot tall and everything has been added to turn them into mini gods.

They have slowly over the years become more and more powerful, this also the point I'm making though, there shouldn't be "new fluff" in what abilities marines have and how their armour works, it may not contradict but it keeps piling on and piling on. There should have been a point ages ago where GW said "hold on a second, stop right there all those extra abilities you just gave the marines are OTT, roll it back please" and set a bar.

That is what I am saying a bullet point list of what marines are, what they can do and not allow writers to add to it (or take away from it).
    Appledrink likes this.
  3. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

Back to orks anyone. No nobody ,just me ,maybe my dad ? Please sease the marine discussion can we go back to what this thread is about looking at you Garysharp. I do hope clans look different body wise maybe bad moons with the potbelly as shown goffs maybe a but buffer looking less gut, spread freaks with quick looking legs because even they go fast on the ground and I don't really know how bad moons would differ. Also to limit f2waaagh ( I hate to do this but things have to limit them sadly ) no clan fa DA daft gitz

4. There's no reason to take away their choice of clans. The more that they can't experience, the less likely it is that they'll get hooked and stay.
  5. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

To be honest I think the only restriction on clanz should be the colours that they can use when making your character, all clanz get all classes and you can swap classes with your character so there will be no looks that are applicable to a class (such as speed freaks).

I'm more in favour of full customization.
  6. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

Your right ulfgard *shivers* I went crazy with craziness anyoo bi like DA ork model but I have some problems wiff it ( see previous posts )
  7. It didn't bother me in the first model, but after the livestream today, I can officially say that the potbelly has got way out of control. I don't think it would be bad to have a little bit of a gut, but what they've got going on right now is excessive.

Dat git needz ter tigh'en it up!
  8. It's worth noting that it's already been said that every sub-faction in the game gets all four classes, but may have variations on said classes. For instance, though I hate to bring space marines back up, space wolf devastators would be long fangs. So I imagine every Ork clan will have A) its own color scheme, and B) Its own aesthetic to its classes.

Honestly I'm ok with the ork model's gut. It's surrounded by bulging muscles and it'll probably be covered by armor in most cases.
  9. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

Being that once you create your Ork (say you make a Goff) you are free to swap between classes within your Goff Clan, you can play one day as a Stormboy, next as a Shoota, next as a 'eavy and next as a Maddok then there will be no "class aesthetics" only clan ones.
  10. I believe you misread what I said. I said that each clan would likely have its own unique aesthetic applied to its classes. In the same way that Space wolf Devastators are long fangs, each clan may have their own aesthetics for their classes. Evil Sunz meks may have some mufflers and motor bits sticking out of or adorned onto themselves, Goff Stormboyz might have some scary looking horns on their helmets, Deathskull lootas might have stolen stuff all over them, and Bad moonz shootas might be decked out in jewelry.
    Gottar_Krakdskull and GarySharp like this.