Background Image

Female Characters

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Zx Hero xZ, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zx Hero xZ Active Member

You've played competitive GoW right? because I have and from the devs talk that is what this is but on a grand scale.
  2. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Elements of it but they're also looking at PlanetSide 2 and Space Marine, as well as a few other games.
  3. Kor'Phax KorethPhaxim Active Member

The game is not sexist. Women are not discriminated. Women are the main force in the Adepta Sororitas armed forces, women are planetary governors, generals, officers and everything else. Women are everywhere and have important roles in the Imperium and in it's universe.

There is no sexism. They are not discriminated.

And If they are discriminated for not being Astartes, so are men discriminated for not being of the Adepta Sororitas. There is no "discrimination" If "both" are "supposedly discriminated".

It's like shouting to the air calling "nature" sexist for not giving the men the freedom of having breasts like women do. It's ridiculous.
  4. Zx Hero xZ Active Member

Space Marine was a GoW rip off. Like I said the combat of the game is GoW but on a massive scale. Might want to brush up on GoW3 to prep for this.
  5. Hey Hero, not to tag on to some of the comments right above mine, but to be honest this game is being catered to a certain audience, it's not supposed to be shattering any other games or being the best on the market (aka toppling WoW or GW2). Miguel has made it clear it's a labor of love and I can assure you if the community itself likes it enough they will support it and fund it regardless of its popularity with those outside the community. And in the end that's what you need for a game to be successful in the long haul IMO.

In addition, I do have a question for you, would your wife have even known about EC if you hadn't said anything to her about games you were anticipating? It is not a game that many of the fairer sex are biting at the bit for, this is a simple fact. It's not an MMORPG, it's a MMOTPS, and as you said yourself FPS's are a primarily male predominated market. My point here is I understand your thinking behind how a AAA might fail if the proper care isn't given, but the people who will play this game are going to be mostly men so I think sticking to the lore would only prevent an iota of women who are actually interested in playing in the first place.

I mean if you can find a single women who intends to play EC without having been asked or informed by the their partner or outside source let me know. Because I'm pretty sure they will be an extreme minority. It sounds like your wife wouldn't have even thought about EC if it weren't for your interest in the first place.

^Just my thoughts, I understand your concern, it's just my personal opinion that in fact there will not be enough women (in particular those that need to have female counter parts) interested in EC to ever make the game fail or suffer in any regard.

Sorry to sound like a broken record :(
    Favoured and Vintage like this.
  6. Zx Hero xZ Active Member

Don't try and talk about lore and not allowing females into all races of this game. They are two different things.
  7. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

8. God God Well-Known Member

Space Marine was not a GoW rip off, unless you consider all 3rd person shooters a ripoff of GoW lol. And the devs have cited Space Marine and Planetside more than any other games as the inspiration for EC

This discussion is really off topic now
    Vintage likes this.
  9. Zx Hero xZ Active Member

Your statement is a bunch of what if and alternate endings to the already determined choice.

Also are you refering to me as ruin?
  10. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Ok now i see this... i don't even know what to tell, i'm just done with the thread lol
    Vintage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.