Background Image

Feedback on UAT changes should be done in UAT threads (official reply eot)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faeruin, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is actual madness.
    [​IMG]
    Im talking about new damage values you try to implement as a "melee rewamp". This is absolutely unacceptable changes for health of the game. You guys are already known with "talent" gamedesign decisions in past. if you want to keep remaining trust to you from very patient playerbase please stop.

the damage changes isnt a good solutuion. then the playing about time values of frames and duration of dbash IS THE RIGHT CHOICE awaited by players

@Oveur , @jbregg , @NoahWard

also about same damage between all
  2. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Well, at least this is a method of getting the attention of players who don't follow the uat thread.
    Paeyvn likes this.
  3. Sceviour Sceviour Arkhona Vanguard

So basically theres no reason to take anything other than a Sword in game for melee? ok, this game is pretty much dead
    Paeyvn likes this.
  4. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Still on UAT. Feel free to download the beta version and test it out and provide feedback. Hell, get the rest of the Eldar community up in here.
    Safreadis and XavierLight like this.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Actually, it might work. Well, not this, but a vastly improved version of it.
    Generally, I think the communities complaint was that ranged TTK was too short, that you should take more hits, so it seems like an insane idea to move melee up to similar levels, this is very much bordering on powercreep, but:

No mistakes anymore, for either side. You loose one trade, you ded. For me, personally, that is already the case. I make a mistake, I die, simple as that, I honestly wouldnt mind if that applied to everyone.
    I see two possible outcomes:
    -Full spam, just throw in attacks and hope you hit, maximize your DPS and hope for the best, this is what should not be happening.
    -Much more calculated, surgical melee, as you can not afford to just get caught in a debash and tank out the hits, you are in lethal danger, no matter how much toughness you stack, and you need to act accordingly. This is what it should become.
    I can only speak for myself, but being able to onehit most opponents with WD up and basically being glass myself did only affect my performance positively, every attack is carefully laid out and planned.
    Playin, for instance, shieldbro, I actually did an experiment where I would mostly spam QA and occasionally throw in a heavy and it worked great, so maybe high durability is actually a bad thing for skill in this case.

So, I dont know if these changes are going to work or backfire, but some things I see very much wrong with it:
    -Heavy weapons buffed. Heavies have the highest winrate across the board and melee is supposed to stop them. Currently they are completely useless in melee and thats the way, it should be. You need teammates to defend you.
    -Eldar swords being on par with normal swords. Simply put: if they can onehit me in every scenario, I want to be able to do the same thing. Currently I have a poweraxe with the speed of a sword and I still play the weakest class of the meta with the lowest winrate in melee-duels.

One change I really appreciate is the Banshee Power Swords Evade-attack being buffed more than other attack-types. I think it fits the concept well and this is a thing that should definetely happen.
    Another interesting concept would be to, rather than raising the base damage to power-axe levels again, keep it in-line with swords but apply the backstab-bonus.
  6. OrochiFuror OrochiFuror Arkhona Vanguard

Am.... am I seeing that right? Eldar weapons now have the same damage as everyone elses? So, still glass, less canon? And ax/maul still has nearly twice the charge time as sword? 1.63 seconds is enough time to die to body shots from most weapons. Number changes, other then bash, aren't going to fix any of the problems with melee.
  7. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

Alright so they normalized melee weapons across the board and increased DPS, so ttk to melee drops [if Im reading this right].

Were there other changes like dbash stun times and pen values?
  8. These are odd changes. Melee damage isn't bad, the issues lie with attack speed crippling higher tier weapons than swords and dbash stun being too short to allow tactical equivalents to engage in RPS (and Power Fist/Klaw being incredibly inconsistent in RPS).

I sincerely hope this isn't the extent of the melee rebalance because it doesn't even touch on the actual problems with the system notionally.
    Brujah likes this.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

No , come to uat ... it's a nightmare
    Nether likes this.
  10. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsMo1AjBlE
    Drakonite, Brujah, TankusPL and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.