Background Image

Fallout RolePlay

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hyperius, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

I see that there are quite a few roleplays happening here outside of the 40K IP, so I thought I'd do a broader interest check to see if anyone would be up for joining a Fallout Roleplay Forum outside of this one that is being devised and run by myself and some friends.

This game will be different from what you might be used to, in that it will be run more as an actual game, rather than a topic in which multiple players post.

Each player will have their own password protected forum which will protect them from meta-gaming, and all aspects of combat and survival will not only depend on a player's choices, but also the manner in which they build and utilise their character, stat-wise. The game will focus around multiple aspects such as Survival, Crafting, Loot, PvE, PvP and story-driven quests. The game will have a considerable competitive edge to it.

The game will operate via Turns that will tick over every 72 hours. For this reason if you are unable to post reliably at least every 3 days due to other commitments, it is not advised that you opt in for this game. However due to the nature of the game posts will not necessarily have to be overly long or time consuming. Much of the posting content will revolve around decision making on the player's behalf.

The game will be set on the West Coast in the year 2281 and will be most directly related to the events of the video game Fallout: New Vegas. Players will receive a character creation form to build their characters (human or ghoul only) from the ground up, including everything from appearance to S.P.E.C.I.A.L and Skills and custom loud-outs.

We've already contacted a few people via PM on these forums, but thought we'd try a larger pool of candidates also. If you're interested or have further questions, please reply here!
    DaKaptin and High_Adept_Zeth like this.
  2. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

3. High Adept Zeth High_Adept_Zeth Arkhona Vanguard

I support this fresh idea of a dedicated anti-meta RP system you have put in place in this game.However I am unable to dedicate myself to another game, at this moment, due to time constraints, even if I want to badly.

Sowy if I mislead you :(
    Hyperius likes this.
  4. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

Come back later if you're still interested. I think they've met their player quota for first wave, but they will be introducing a second wave later on down the line.

Check in with this topic if you ever find yourself with more time and a Fallout hungering!
    High_Adept_Zeth likes this.
  5. kanila kanila Subordinate

I'm curious on how you are working this. Turned based I get, but how are players able to react to one another with each having their own password protected forum? Not knocking it by any means! Just interested to see how you are running it.
  6. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

I don't know. I'm not actually on the mod team. I was just doing some recruiting for them because they are friends of mine. You'd probably have to participate to find that out.
  7. kanila kanila Subordinate

Well if they are still looking for players send me a pm with the info. I'll check it out.
  8. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

I think they might have met their quota, but I'll link you anyway, just in case! Check your Conversations!
  9. Vulkan Lives ItsTime Arkhona Vanguard

I'm interested, if there are any slots left.
    Hyperius likes this.
  10. Hyperius Hyperius Preacher

I'm afraid they have taken on their fill for the first wave.

I'll contact you if any slots open or when the second wave begins to see if you're still interested.