Background Image

Faction Population Shift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Apr 10, 2018.

1. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

someone said it here already but the same is said for me, i can't stand fighting eldar, all of my games against them, even as them, are just not fun, im fine with losing, if i wasnt i wouldnt play games at all, what im dissapointed in is when i WIN a match and i leave to the next queue unsatified and in general mad...a sour victory. I dont get this feeling as or against any other faction, just eldar. now granted i dont dodge them 100% OF THE TIME! but alot of times i will say "oh fuck that i'd rather fight the marines for the 500th time" pccasionally and just dodge
    Brosephelon and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. Rhapzor Rhapzor Subordinate

Same here!
    I'm not saying that the Eldar are too strong or OP or whatever .... I do not want to start this discussion again.
    But everytime I play as Eldar, I do not have to work hard to win. In my played matches - Eldar wins most of the time.
    But there is one good thing. When I play as Eldar - I have time to explore the maps and look closely at everything. The developers put so nice work into the maps. This must be appreciated.
    Brosephelon likes this.
  3. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Ever had the beauty of a mostly Rank 1-3 Eldar team? That collapses so quickly, it's not funny:) Had my share of games where some LSM rookie switched to Eldar because "Eldar so eazy!" only to find out he's getting floored all the time because he doesn't know how Eldar are supposed to fight.

Eldar right now are mostly played by try-hard vets. We have very little new-comers joining the ranks and the result are matches that aren't particularly fun for one side. If you have a patch or something and you get a big wave of newcomers coming to Eldar, they have a very miserable time usually.

Eldar are a faction of extremes... Either they roll and nothing stops them or they are laughably inefficient.

This whole situation is partly on the LSM/CSMs shoulders as well. People refuse to play Eldar, the faction doesn't get newcomers (because queues never pop) not to mention the unfounded salt and OP-calls. End result: Only a core of die-hard vets that know the tricks of the trade which of course mob the floor with mixed opposition teams. In the end, people on the Eldar side sort of organized and we now have the Eldar-hours where the vets know games will pop up much to the detriment of the other factions who have to face the juggernaut down.
    Rhapzor and Wolf-Steel like this.
  4. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

Noticing a lot more Ork games which is great but not much of a an increase in CSM vs Eldar. LSM seem to getting more games against them though.
  5. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Far too true, unfortunately. Neither is fun for both sides.
    Given, I had fun and balanced matches against (and with, though fewer) Eldar, but those were the minority.
    Thing is, unless all stats are pressed flat over all factions (which would be boring), I have no idea how to solve that problem, other than SOMEHOW getting people to play them, which dod not work so great in the past.
  6. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

If you are still grinding your way up the progression, fighting eldar is unproductive even if you win. You will get an fracture of the reward you would be getting if had fought another faction for the same timeframe, and with double the effort that is required to fight eldar none-theless in comparison to fighting other factions.
  7. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Its just so funny, Lsm have all the tools yet get the worst out of it.
  8. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

I wouldn't necessarily sign that. LSM have a weapon class that practically reeks of "anti-Eldar" but outside of that, there's nothing that gives Eldar much problems. If I had to pick a faction that is efficiently Anti-Eldar, it would be Orks (and if that makes you people pick them up more often: GREAT because the green barbarians need some love). They have easily the biggest margin for error on their end with their good rapid fire weapons (with build in supression no less) and big toughness and HP bonusses plus their small head hitbox.

People, if Eldar give you such gripes, give Orks a try.
  9. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

You are of course not incorrect. But if I had to draw a line below the factions as a whole and make a sum, Orks I would still say have the best characteristics to give Eldar a hard time. Yes, Grav guns, if used correctly, are very bad news for Eldar but Orks have the best all-round characteristics they can leverage. They're very capable in assault and defence thanks to their big Toughness and HP pools. They can employ the turtling tactics of LSM with their AOE heals. Big Shoota is a wonderful option against Eldar thanks to the hard punch and added suppression which further reduces headshot chances on our ASCs, widening the TTK gap even further. For long ranges, Ace Dakka simply wrecks Eldar if you can make the shots connect (usually 2-3 shots), not to mention that Orks have an instant kill option with the Kannon, something not available to LSM/CSM. In Melee, they're actually hampered thanks to their animations but still capable. Only downside is their close range AV but they still have the Zapp for that.
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Orks are the overall strongest faction and will beat Eldar, but we do counter them in many ways.
    Against Eldar, Ork superiority is not as prevalent as against other factions.
    As soon as the Banshee is viable, we might actually end up on-par as the class is ideal to fight Orks.

The main problem is that we can't put Hawks to use very well but everything else works fine.

LSM would be our hardcounter if they used Apothecaries and Jump-Assaults, rather than Devastators and Shieldbros. Not so much grav-guns tho.

Right now, Chaos have the best chances because of Autocannons, lots of Raptors, an easy-to-use healer and the option to either build with our speed or three times our toughness.