Background Image

Faction Population Shift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schwifty, Apr 10, 2018.

1. This seemed like a glacial shift but more recently it has been absolutely tectonic in its speed. A real game changer.

Before the patch it was 'all L/CSM all the time'. And then suddenly, literally over night ever since the patch 1.8.0 landed it went from 'L/CSM only treehouse club bromance' that went on before the patch to a bit of every faction most of the time.

This is a good thing! because it means more Xenos matches, more variety and more fun!

I have a few ideas what might have caused it but I'm interested to find out what sense the community has about what might have caused this shift so we can potentially continue the momentum as it doesn't seem like all that much has changed.

-edit- Post update;

We're seeing more variety in factions - more Xenos - and less of a L/CSM sausage fest, because of some wide sweeping much needed nerfs.

Unfortunately this is not as true as it could be for Eldar because one of their most infamously hated tools was buffed when it really didn't need to be so there is still a lot of match dodging going on there because of that.

That^ is a good example that sometimes a nerf is in the benefit of all involved, even the people on the receiving end.

But getting back to the real cause of the shift - On a small scale when a class or weapon takes another class or weapons job due to over performance, variety suffers within that weapon or class range and as a result all other classes and weapons suffer and a nerf is required to bring that variety back.

So on a much larger scale when a pair of factions and certain weapon within those factions take all other factions jobs due to over performance the entire game loses variety and becomes stale and a nerf is required to bring that variety back.
  2. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Is it really more xenos matches though?

When I play my Ork and we get matched up vs Eldar they all quit out and dodge us,When I play as my Eldar LSM do the same..Its retarded and you fucks need to stop doing that.
  3. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

I feel like it has a lot to do with the patch dropping and a lot of people wanting to feel out if the other factions changed significantly.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Too soon. Right now we are still benefiting from post-patch euphoria. As soon as population levels are back to normal, I doubt we will see a persisting change.

In the big picture, its still disappointing what happened to Eldar: Its not like we lack players during prime-times, its just that noone wants to queue long enough to start the first game.
  5. I still dodge Eldar games because I really don't like them
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you're part of the biggest games problem.
    Faeruin, Elector, Aislinn and 3 others like this.
  7. Rhapzor Rhapzor Subordinate

You can´t lose against Eldar, if you don´t play against them! :cool:
    wavewarp, LOBOTRONUS and Ironangel2k3 like this.
  8. Yeah... I know.
    I just find then boring to play against... Like really boring. Probably because almost every Eldar game I find has a MYST stack and we lose vehicles in line 30 seconds and it becomes an uncoordinated attack on wherever you can walk to
  9. Rhapzor Rhapzor Subordinate

Totally agree
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

BORING because you get smash by eldars hahaha !!!!!!! weak

one hit with melee and eldars are op hahaha( tanks maybe)

LSM = new weapons but crap (team work is a mess)grav weapons can crash a person
    CSM = super op + good poison weapons (no need for team work kill them all khorne style)
    Ork = heavy + dakadaka(that mean more bullets but 40% hit targets) recoil and spread
    Eldars = weak but weapon range is good