Background Image

Faction Numbers Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaplainTraejun, Oct 17, 2013.

1. There's a chance SM's jump out to an VERY early numbers advantage. I just don't think it will last. The F2Pers will come quickly, and many of them will never go premium to unlock the other factions. Not because the game isn't good, but because many people plainly refuse to pay for games that have a F2P option.

Otherwise, within 2-3 months, I'm thinking more like this:

Orks: 35%
    Space Marines: 30%
    Chaos: 25%
    Eldar: 10%

And I don't see those numbers fluctuating much.
  2. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

I all honesty I'll play every race as much as I can to get a feel for it. It'll breathe life into the game when I think I've discovered everything and did everything.

I'll explain it in an analogy :
    If you only eat blueberry pie for two years straight, and refuse to even sample other kinds of pie, and you label yourself as a 'fan' of pie, you're not really letting yourself experience the fullest possibilities, no?
  3. Dirus Dirus Forum Beta Tester

I agree. The Orks and Space Marines will have and equal amount of very active players once it has hit the 3+ months mark.

I kinda feel sorry for the Eldar though, you took away 5% of their player base.:cool:
  4. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Sustained numbers for Orks heavily depend on the OrkBoy game play. It may not be that fun do run-shoot-die-run-shoot-die-run-shoot-die-run-shoot-die-run-die-run-die-run-die-run-die-KILL A SPACE MARINE-die-run-die....
    So who knows for how long f2p player would continue being an OrkBoy.

5. That's a pretty good point, perhaps allowing certain aspects of the Orks to be unlocked by the F2Ps so they're not just cannon fodder every time they log in may help out.
  6. Jericho Jericho Forum Beta Tester

I always thought I would play SM but I am heavily leaning towards a different faction as I see them being over populated. My main goal is finding a group of other players who take it seriously and want to work as a team, with good tactics, load outs and coms and them I think we will be able to handle being slightly out numbered.
  7. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

Eldar/Chaos would be your choice I guess, considering the fact that Chaos marines according to lore tend to use tactics similar to Space Marines even though they have outdated tech. Eldar supposedly have other traits such as speed/psyhic abilities and other aspects to them, I honestly don't know much about Eldar lore, but I stating just what I know of the top of my head.
  8. I think it's funny people usually don't think orks use tactics or strategy. Many an Imperial officer has been executed for failing a campaign where he underestimated orks and their "taktiks."
  9. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Hide under lava
    Revenlear likes this.
  10. Khanistrello Forum Beta Tester

I am not fussy I would genuinely like to try them all during beta before i start a full on grind with a space marine