Background Image

Faction Locking

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kane101, Oct 20, 2013.

?

Do you want a faction lock

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kane101 Kane101 Prefectus

Hey guys I just wanted to get some input on this idea but I'm suggesting that the devs put in a faction lock this meaning that when you log on to the game and select your faction to log into then your locked into that faction for lets say 8 hours. Now before the trolls come out from under there bridge lets try and be civilized on this topic, the game I play right now has this problem with it not being implemented in there game. For an example in planet side 2 during an alert if the factions that are not doing so hot they will just log off and go log onto the factions character that's winning. The problem I have with that is that it doesn't instill faction loyalty it doesn't amerce the player into fighting his heart out trying to win that battle or the capturing of that facility when I can just log off and switch to the Orks. This would help make sure the pops stay pretty even in a sense. also a way to help make this feature idiot proof is a message box would pop up with a are you sure you want to select this faction doing so would implement an 8 hour faction lock select yes or no.

But those are my thoughts on this and I'm for the idea of faction locking since they have also stated that they are wanting to have this on one big massive server so this should be in the game.