Background Image

Exarch vs Primarchs

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by jcast81002, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Sorry, edit and corrected... foul autocorrect phone...
  2. Maensith Subordinate

Guys, what's going on????!!!! This is the 18th damnit page and STILL you havent finally decided who is stronger!!!! This is intolerable and totally unacceptable!!!!!

Luckily for you there are people around here who have read almost all of wh40k books and can provide you with a reliable answer: so the point is that you, implicitly, imagine close-combat engagements between a primarch and an exarch but why should it be restricted to this type of fighting? Take a swooping hawk or a dark reaper exarch and they can defeat any primarch (may be apart from flying Corax or psyker Magnus), the rest of them highly prefer melee style of fighting - PEW PEW DIE YOU MON'KEIGH PRIMARCH PEW PEW!!!!

And you forget that of all the primarchs only Magnus has a mighty presence in the Warp - the rest of them arent Pariahs, of course, but their souls are very feeble in the Warp - this is what Eldrad Ulthran openly claimed to be in the "Fulgrim" novel, so even an ordinary eldar has a brighter and more vibrant psychic potential than all the primarchs - so we take a highly trained eldar warlock and basically do with a primarch's body whatever we want - disintegrate it, make it burn itself, decompose etc. Remember how the Thousand Sons battled the Space Wolves on Prospero - they literally boiled Wolves' blood or organs inside their bodies with sheer psychic power and they would have easily won, outnumbered, were it not for the Sisters of Silence.
  3. No. No, not really.
    Won't change anything and surely not in lore ^^
  4. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I'll be kind and just flat-out state that you're missing the joke.
    Whitefox550 and Maensith like this.
  5. My money would be on the Primarch 99% of the time, just because i have faith in Russ. Depending on the primarch though you just never know what could happen.
    But my money would be on Logan Grimnar before an Exarch lol, but thats just the Wolf in me talking
    WhiteHammerofTerra likes this.
  6. Theoraticaly infinite memes of supremacy can be made with the first part of Gathering Storm III alone. Practicaly Primarchs are whooping any ass you want. Pick one. 3
  7. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

This question is almost impossible to answer, as it depends on quite literally the lore you want to use. For example the story books or codexes.
    The codexes indicate that a primarch can get taken down by a lucky shot from a line trooper.
    The books write them as almost indestructible (lorger being stomped by a Titan).
    Then the exarch well they have been destroyed a few times ( correct me if I'm wrong but was not Jin ZAr destroyed in the story of this game) but they keep popping back up cos they have magic armour, so they can't truely die.
  8. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

The fact that people haven't realized the thread was started as a joke about if an Eldar sergeant unit could defeat an LSM demigod unit (like an Eldar Phoenix Lord in comparison) is amusing.

smh

Sometimes I look around at stupid people, and I get scared....because these are the same people who drive their cars next to mine on the road.
  9. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

I dunno, Exarchs are pretty dangerous, they got guns and all. Primarchs only have piddly swords that probably can't even cut paper, and the Emprah almost got choked to death on Ullanor by a pretty small ork, only surviving because the ork got bored and ran off.

So my money's on the Exarch.
  10. That's not exarchs, that's phoenix lords, about the same difference between the two than between a rank and file marine and his Primarch.
    Exarchs are "sergent" in Aspect warriors troops.

Sure Guilliman got only 6 in CT not a good ranged option... with S6 AP 2 Assault 3 and something akin to blaestorm (but it may be false i do it from memories)
    Seriously Primarchs (any of them) will eat two Eldar aspect warriors even while sleeping. And two exarch before Breakfast.

I doubt that greatly, All Primarchs are touch by the warp, all aren't psyker but all have latent genecode warp usage (corax invisibility, lorgar charisma buff, sanguinius angelic features,...) and all are damn resistant to any warp manipulation. They are weaved with warp and genetic Genius and are all far more tied to the warp than any ordinary spellcaster be it an Eldar or else.
    As for Thousands sons winning the day without SoS, it is a no, not that their power isn't enough but the curse of the sons of Magnus would have destroyed them, sure the wolf would have bleed far more.