Background Image

Eternalcrusade And Roleplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tellos, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Tellos Tellos Subordinate

Hi Guys,

i hope this is the right sub-forum. That EC will have a primary focus on PVP and PVE is quit sure and it would be strange if not. But i have a request and i'm sure i am not the only one. I hope this game will have support for roleplaying. Like WoW does.

To make it fun for RP you dont have much to do like for PVP and PVE and the most things are done in the beginning of the game an has never to be changed again.

Points like:

• Walking
    • speech bubbles
    • ability to unequip armor and parts of armor
    • maybe a flag or give the community tools for creating mods and addons
    • 'Sitting on chairs' and interactive environment
    These are just a few things and hopefully the community has more ideas to make it fit for RP.

For the emperor!
    Netsurfer733, Juno, Notan and 15 others like this.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i will love this game if the community make "spontaneus combat/battle rpg".
    A good space ship with many feature bring "inside faction rpg"
  3. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

As I wrote somewhere else, I'm sure someone will just come up and start writing about the more epic battles. Ability to unequip armor, helmet would be enough I think, you could just switch to some kind of "recreational" armor set. Sitting on chairs, drinking and stuff like that is really important to such kind of game, I would love to see it.
    Farseer Urist likes this.
  4. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

I'll actually consider trying RP again if the game's community decides to go in that direction, could be fun.
    Vandrus likes this.
  5. Tellos Tellos Subordinate

Should there be an effective tool against trolls?
  6. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Nah, i don't think so.

From what i've heard, you can teamkill without penalty, unless players decide to take action, so the devs wouldn't need to implement some sort of countermeasure.

Sure, you'll get the dicks who just interrupt RP, but there's nothing you can do against them unless you break the main game, and the RP should never do that, it's just a side feature.
  7. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

You mean... like the banhammer?
    I guess so, and how could you troll someone by roleplaying? Your enemy would rather have a low attiude towards you.
  8. VeRMiLiON78 VeRMiLiON78 Active Member

Why i have imagined the Space Marine sitting on the wooden chair in the WOW tavern XD
  9. I think everything in the W40k has an average potential for role playing. I don't know any other game which has such a deep lore and stuff. It supports it generally. And an MMORPG based on W40k is what we all have been waiting for, to play our role easily with everyone around the world. For myself, I'm thinking of starting a roleplaying Blood Angels "Guild", however the "Guild"-System will be made.
    But I hope there will be a chapter-based system.

I remember by the way of a picture on lexicanum.com (or lexicanum.de), where a Space Marine Brother was shown wearing something like a monk-suit...maybe they could implement something like that for the calm moments inside of the battlecruiser.
    Warsmith Sokhar likes this.
  10. Tellos Tellos Subordinate

Yeah, that's a good idea. Or when you unequip your gear you are not naked, instead you wear a monk, training or other suites. Like descripted in the first horus heresy book.