Background Image

Eternal Crusade Video Challenge - What is Eternal Crusade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Finished my submission up a bit ago. I went with a "what one man can do for many" theme, where EC is a team game, yet one player can make all the difference. Hope it's an alright watch ;).

View: https://youtu.be/gRzdzWYDX6k
  2. not when I can revive faster than you can kill, mister "never finishes off a dead player"
  3. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

I can see it now.

A single Space Marine, POWER FIST charged and ready to strike against an oncoming horde of Rhinos that are about to run his ass over.

FREEZE.

"I'm a Space Marine, and you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation. Well, considering everyone else is either dead or dying, the answer should be obvious."

Fuck. I knew I shouldn't have quit film school.
  4. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

an accurate vidya of EC be like:
    -sitting in queue for 20min.
    -getting into an pub with other team wholly as an guild
    -teleporting around and rubberbanding randomly
    -if leroy is present hackusating him for tradition (irrevelant of team he is on)
    -type eldar op at match end chat for tradition (irrevelant of enemy faction)
    -alternately: ragequit before match end
    -alteralternately: drop from match due to connection to server loss

5. sorry for the choppy video, stream settings were jacked up, but I just wanted to share this because nobody ever really talks about the special way this game makes you feel.
    CuCulainn likes this.
  6. Texasaur Texasaur Recruit

I've got exams and etc but I'd totally be willing to do something for this. In the meantime, while kind of a guild promo, this is really what EC is to me until I make an actual video for it, as I've spent day 1 to now with XIII. It might sound cheesy but it's changed my life too, as without the guys I met through EC, I probably wouldn't be into Warhammer 40k and wouldn't have some of the best friends I have today. Mushy, I know. Anyway, here's my placeholder video.

Data8671, Katon, RustyRake and 3 others like this.
  7. [VI] Zeus zZeus Steam Early Access

The Eternal Battles match between CSM and DLB (first match) was in my opinion a very good one:
    View: https://youtu.be/KA74LAkU9Gs

Too bad it's only 720p...

But it's fairly representative EC's current core gameplay offering. Class-based 3rd person lobby shooter whose distinctive feature is a rock-paper-scissor-based melee system, where the main objective (of the most played gamemode) is to capture/defend control points.
    It also features ground vehicles whose maintenance/disposal serve as a secondary objective (except in PvE and on Promethium Mines).

All of this, with the grim dark skin of Warhammer 40,000.
  8. TurtlesInTheSky TurtlesInTheSky Well-Known Member

I'd given up hope on EC - development seemed dead, and it seemed the community had given up too. Then I heard this work of art by our very own Leroy Twizzlers. My hope in EC has been restored, my autism has been cured, and my dick grew 4 inches.
    View: https://youtu.be/9V-hy3Z1JL4
    Aislinn, Oan-Mkoll, Tocks and 2 others like this.
  9. Tawks Tocks Member

4 FREAKING INCHES??????????
    ProteusVM and Elector like this.
  10. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access