Background Image

Eternal Crusade Video Challenge - What is Eternal Crusade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

We'd like to kick off a challenge to make a new EC video which we'd feature on Steam. If it's fantastic, it'll be our main video.

Reward? You can only imagine what fame in the 40K universe will bring you.

We're not going to tell you what it should be, or how to tell others what EC is. That's the challenge for you. Show how you perceive EC.
    • If you are familiar with Unreal Editor and our assets, you can ask if you can create small scenes which are pre-rendered, has Nicholas Cage, JCVD and Keanu Reeves, doing bullet time.

• You can use whatever material that is copyrighted by us, ingame, out of game, memes.

• Maybe we can dig up some of our old source files to share, but I doubt it due to copyright of the creators of old.

• Quality requirements are simple, luk gud in 1080p, as our partners want the vids like that.

• We can help you out on UAT, give you Spectator role, even on the live servers for a limited time so you can grab some good action footage.

• Using any other self-made or Warhammer 40K material outside of our own, requires massive approval but shouldn't discourage you from trying.

• If it is devoid of humor, particularly very dark humor, you're not 40K

• You can use any video style you want, infomercial, freeze-and-caption/explain, tell a story, don't tell a story

• Community vote will count for 50%, developers and in The Committee of Certain Death the other 50%.
    I'm taking the liberty to use the community driven Praise Da Workshop Discord as a place to connect with other people, that are creating very nice and nasty things for EC already. Bless them as they have put a sparkle in my cold dead heart.

https://discord.gg/VGBnWHN

See you there.

Nathan
  2. Talron likes this.
  3. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Now THIS I like.
    Iyan, Talron and Katzu_HSM like this.
  4. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

1 day from the life of the Space Marine :D
    upload_2018-1-18_17-35-53.png

-----------------------------------------------------

But seriously, can try. It's a pity that only my vacation is coming to an end.

Like, for example, my very first experience with the Vegas.

PS - This game has long been gone
  5. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

While awesome all these vids, there is no JCVD.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

7. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

@Oveur Can it just be a 50 minute video of me staring at the Steam store page and screaming?
  8. With the Guild Council making sure we all get our fight on Saturday, 1-2 trusted souls should really be in spectating and recording like a beast.
  9. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Problem is that when you spectate you don't hear a sound, its a bug.
  10. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Better, means you can edit in some music more easily, without ingame sound ruining everything.
    If you really want sound effects, you could edit them in later, unless you plan to use the entire originally recorded footage.
    Hralius likes this.