Background Image

Eternal Crusade Fails (Space Marines)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryo_VG, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Ryo_VG Recruit

First of all, this game isn't balanced. Let's just get that out of the way.

The balancing between factions go from stats to weapons but really has had no effect on making the game fair.

Let's start with SM armour. Even with the highest level armour in the game, it feels like I'm wearing paper. It disappears in a few seconds. (Power Armour?, yeah right) If the developers had any real care about the WH40K lore, they would of made armour actually mean something. For example, instead of all shots chipping away at the armour bar, some shots should be negated (glancing hits) that ricochet off the armour.

SM armour compared to CSM armour, the difference SHOULD be that CSM have less armour because they don't believe in defence and rather more attack power.

Moving on to weapons, supposedly this is what SM are "good for" ¬¬
    yeah, SM have a lot of load out choices but doesn't really count for much when most of the SM player base are beginners and don't know anything, making this faction advantage redundant. (I don't think beginners read game guides on this game)

Besides, SM and CSM should both have Auto Cannons. However, the CSM version should keep that burn damage effect.
    SM should also have a rocket launcher, since the developers gave something like that to the Orks, it's only fair. But, this game is anything but fair in it's current state.

Storm Shields, seriously. In this game the difference between the shields performance is very little. They both get shredded through too quickly. It's just vexing that the "Storm Shield" feels too weak.

Finally, spells. CSM and Eldar have spells. Why wouldn't they. However, spells are OP and just make players fight more cowardly, OH, and it bypasses Shields and Armour. You would think to balance that, the developers would give the SM their Psykers. that would be fair.

To be honest, I don't think much thought was put into the factions when this game was made which has now left us with a game that is only good when you are playing in clans. If you're not in one, then it's a stressful and unsatisfying experience.

If anyone else feels the same about this, feel free to add your thoughts. As for me, I've reach the point where I am sick of the Bull#### and had enough. I still play, in hope of change.. ¬¬
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Oh No, its assymmetric balance, RUN AWAY. RUUUNNNN!!!1111

Srsly tho, all factions have advantages and disadvantages, thats kinda the point. LSM are slightly more durable, its only due to the high amount of Nurgle-Marks in the meta and Aspiring Sorcerers that they are not.
    Other than that, you got most of the basic noob complaints: Autocannon OP, Need more armour (although TTK is ridiculously high for a shooter) . You should probably complain about the Necrotic Chainsword, Lawnmovers and 'Oneshots', just to be safe.
    Slough_Monster likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Eldar OP
    Slough_Monster and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. Kommando-007 Corie Confessor

You do - it is called "Meltagun".
  5. Laentis Diolux Cplex First Blood!

I like your solution of "gib everything to LSM or its unfair", actual asymmetry is what sets EC a little apart from other shooters. There is imbalance, yes, but you didnt mention any of it.

In the end it all boils down to not enough ADAD.
  6. Yvelfir Yvelfir Arkhona Vanguard

Waah waah give LSM even more things that the other factions have.
  7. The Ironcrab The_Ironcrab Steam Early Access

This game is horrible un-balanced people say eldar aren't op but in reality they are.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  8. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Have you tried playing as Eldar?
    Durandal likes this.
  9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Worry not, innocent forum goers, I am now well-prepared for this case.
    This topic is likely not supposed to be about Eldar Balance. Eldar, as any faction, have a set of strenghts and weaknesses that can play out more or less powerful in specific scenarios, its called 'assymmetrical balance'.

Eldar are not 'Overpowered'. If you shoot them, they die.
    Eldar are not 'Underpowered'. If they shoot someone, someone dies.

Whatever your opinion on this topic, whatever you want to say: It has been said like a million times now and you are not contributing anything new to the discussion. Every Eldar is kinda sick of hearing how 'OP' they allegedly are and every non-Eldar is sick of being told to 'Git Gud'.

The general problem is that Eldar, in their current state, are deeply unsatisfying to play and play against. They need fixing, but for 'fun' reasons, not for balancing reasons.
    It is in all of our interest to make that process as fair as possible and consider concerns from both sides equally, not just a singular or assymmetric answer.

Regardless. There is a pretty good chance this topic was never supposed to be about Eldar so just try not to make it about Eldar.
  10. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

waa pls bE give my sm more toys I still get killed by the other factions waa waa unfair