Background Image

Eternal Crusade Early Founder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grigdusher, Nov 12, 2013.

?

how much money you want to throw on eternal crusade founding?

1. i want to play free WHAAGHHH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I hate to pay before release, i Hate to pay for a beta.

19 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. I want a pyisical copy!

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. i will pay the standard 50 potato tier

26 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. i will pay the deluxe 75 potato tier

38 vote(s)
    22.6%
  6. i will pay the extra deluxe 100-150+ potato tier

79 vote(s)
    47.0%
  1. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

Collector's Edition != Founder's Package
    In CE you know what you are paying for, game is close to its release and this set just gives few benefits and baubles (and makes sales just a bit better).
    By purchasing FP you give developers of the game a credit to create the game you would like to see. Game is usually close to alpha and nothing is certain. There is high probability that any promises given to force players buy FP will not be fulfilled (or will be realized nominally and/or incomplete).
  2. Tradias Member

I want this game badly enough that I'm willing to take that risk. It could suck total balls and I doubt I'd really regret it. Then again, I just love decorating my desk with stuff like that. I got some of the Warhammer 40k Sideshow figures facing off against Claptrap and the Marcus bobblehead. I doubt I'd be pleased with myself for passing up on such an opportunity.
  3. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

I have said before and I will say it forever at this point: Do not allow people to buy their way into BETA. No matter what phase it is. BETA testing should be just that; a test.

However, if people want to 'back' or help 'found' Eternal Crusade, financially I belive they should be given that opportunity. Advertise an incentive for people to buy these packages, let them buy a week long pre-view, and some special titles maybe aesthetic in game items as well. I dunno, whatever trinkets and incentives they feel they want other than all the testing phases, please leave those for testers. imo.
  4. Vox de Vacuo Vox-de-Vacuo Active Member

You just can't imagine how I long for good WH40K MMO game, mate)), but I still won't pay a dime until I see first proves that bE are worthy to make first WH40K MMO ever. Give me in-game video, information on 3D engine and examples or art and renders proving that all the promises Miguel and other devs already did are becoming real, than I'll be just throwing money into the monitor I'm afraid)
    BTW, sorry to disappoint, but Founder's Packages rarely contain any real items, only in-game pixels and stuff like that. EC may won't have any boxes to sell at all.
    Warsmith Matt likes this.
  5. With the number of players they are talking about they might need the extra bodies to really stress the servers. I think the testers should be the first ones in, when they run out of testers then they need to let the early founders in. Early founders might be horrible testers but there would be enough to stress the server.
  6. Tyryt Tyryt Prefectus

I have my Lancer from my CE of Gears, my Halo helmet from Halo 3, etc etc. Things look fantastic hanging in the gaming room. I would love it if Behavior got together with WETA and produced a bolter/chainsword/boltpistol/Shuriken Catapult/slugga/etc for this. Heck, I'd probably be stupid enough to by 4 different packs if they had one per race, then resell the accounts I wasn't using, or just keep them for myself, never know when they could come in handy.

Seriously, Behavior, Do this! Contact WETA. Bonus points if the guns shoot nerf darts (or even the new motorized disks for shuriken catapult!). It's Warhammer 40,000. They sell collectors codex that are the same except for special covers and sell out even thoguh they are more than twice the price.... it would literally be impossible to lose money.
  7. well dev team if 47% isn't a good enough reason to make this type of thing happen then I don't know what is lol
  8. Yeah, your're right.
    Now it's too early to talk about this though, we'll see. At least I could always buy the game for PC. :)
  9. I would probably buy a Replica Chainsword or Bolter if someone actually made one (Not the flimsy stuff)
  10. "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"