Background Image

Entering PvE

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Slayer88, May 17, 2017.

1. Slayer88 Recruit

So, how do I engage in PvE?

I read the guide and it makes sense, really. I imagine the best way to learn is to get in there and do it. I usually don't like PvE, but killing tyranids ought to be fun and if it gets you lots of XP/Req I think it'd be a good place to start.

So, how do I get into it? I don't recall seeing it as an option in the HUB.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

It's an option from the World Map, not the main hub screen (the one with Loadouts, Store etc)
  3. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

There be a long yellow continent. There, thou shalt find these xenos monstrosities.
  4. Slayer88 Recruit

Thank you both, I had never noticed the world map before!

Second question... how do you actually get into a group? I was in queue for at least 5min while doing chores and finally I got into a group with 1 other guy and we sat in a waiting room so I quit.

How do you get a group? Do people pre-arrange these like MMO raids or do I need a guild or something? Maybe I chose the wrong time/day, idk.
    XavierLight likes this.
  5. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Most of the time, I'll just click on the PvE and let it search. It'll find me a match and then I'll sometimes have to wait for the places to fill up.

Horde (survive 10 waves) is more popular than the raids. It is because setting the difficulty to Hard yields twice the rewards without much increase in difficulty.

Time and day play a factor too. I can usually find a match easily enough at 23:30 BST, which is early evening for the US, tho I sometimes have to wait for the last places to fill before we go in.