Background Image

Elysium Gaming Is Asking Your Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ariakan1976, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

"No ingame Economy" still confuses me. Is that strictly the absence of player to player trading, or does that mean there's nothing a player can purchase at all?
    Shonedar likes this.
  2. Shonedar Shonedar Well-Known Member

That's an interesting question...on one side it's the absence of a traditional crafting system and the "no ingame economy" thing,some interview answers on the subject like "SM's don't go to a 24/7 store to buy guns" or close to that...on the other side you have random loot rewards that are mentioned to be tradeable, a sort of ingame currency in the form of requisition points, some kind of "upgrading" system that is a type of crafting, and an online store...that's a lot of clarification needed there, at some point...
    Demetri_Dominov likes this.
  3. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Well there is the Rouge Trader Store, and that we technically equip our gear by purchasing a load out with a points system. Consumables like grenades and med packs are part of the Requisition pool... but none of this seems like an actual economy since Requisition hasn't really been thoroughly explained... I've always hoped that Requisition is just as it is in the Dawn of War series where it is the currency of how and where armies can be deployed... but one can only wish.
  4. "Ingame economy" means a tradeable currency. And as far as we know there won't be something like that.
  5. Shonedar Shonedar Well-Known Member

That's true in principle, but if there are random loot weapon drops (as mentioned in the past) and a trade mechanic for those (a logical assumption due to the randomness and also mentioned in the past),so you need to have some means to "measure their worth", at least in a comparative way to make item "exchanges" fair. The only currencies known ATM, that are used by the game, are requisition points and rogue trader points...requisition points are already meant to be "passed around" (since the war council can give them away to people as rewards for objectives or to support operations, and that was also mentioned in the past)...so requisition points are a form of currency, tradeable or not...

These mechanics are not set in stone so early in development, but some clarification on the subject would be very welcome...
  6. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

The idea behind trading was mostly to share mods between the players in permanent groupings, squads and strike forces, according to Michael Chan. His absence from the project may have shifted that. I had been trying to gather intel from him about just how much of a factor that trade and craft system would play but there's been mostly silence from the Devs since October on that stuff.
  7. Well, that's nothing elementary, so it's understandable that it doesn't have priority right now.
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

True but the ground work was there and we had thread and PM interactions discussing it at length. Suddenly it dries up to nothing. I enjoyed the back and forth around the personal economies and progression, and the direction it was heading. Mostly just looking for updates if that's still the plan.

On another note; I'm all about the group trade system. Talked a little with Nicolas about how they want to enforce squads and strike-forces as permanent, guild-like constructs, not something you chop and change (we have pick-up groups too, names TBD). I think building your character as you build your group is an awesome way to reinforce that.
  9. Without permanent guilds won't work anyway. Everyone wants a permanent outfit.
  10. Permanent guilds is a must !!!:)