Background Image

Elite deployment in a match and elite "mark for death" symbol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sovog, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Sovog New Member

Would it be possible to reconsider elite deployment in a match?

Personally I think that it would be better if you could use elite more than 1x in a match.

For example when elite dies put a countdown from 3 min (or 2 min) to 0. When 0 is reached elite can be used again.

That would be much more better and personally I think that it would not hurt the gameplay at all. Vet players would enjoy elites more than now.

Also I do not understand why elites should be marked with symbol above them. Usually it leads to a hunt from all enemies around to get down the elite. That is from my opinion not needed. They are not so god mode to be hunted. And to be honest even best players can hardly survive if 5 or more people start shooting on them just because they have a symbol above the head "marked for death".

Thank for considering my opinion.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Elite spawning will be changed, how we don't know.
  3. Regarding the "deathmark" yes, i agree.. It's allready visualy clear whos an elite and who not (apart from Nobs, they are quite hard to tell apart from normal orks imo)

I would be in to remove that symbol
    Sily and bossaroo like this.
  4. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Assuming that someone using the Elite class is going to be more experienced, not counting bad encounters. I would have to say, either making it a x2, or x3 per match on a 2-3min cooldown would seem proper. Or make it a earnable thing based on the exp during the match.

And i agree, there shouldnt be something making them more visible just because. If anything a glow or shine might would suffice if you wanted them to "stand out"
  5. Bildsturmer Bildsturmer Arkhona Vanguard

My Nobz are fairly irrelevant since they are apparently destined to be gunned down by heavy bolters shortly after spawning despite my best efforts.
    Aislinn, Forj and Kaptain_K_Rool like this.
  6. Ya, I can support removing the mark of death. Don't really care about the respawn time or limit. I've used my vets like three times. I never pull mine. The mark is pretty lame though. You should have to recognize it like every other unit.
  7. mifug Recruit

Hi I fully support Sovog ideas. Would be cool to have these changes in game.
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Both of these means players like me and guilds as a whole would be permanently running as elites, which is NOT supposed to happen. Hell, I already can go through whole match on a single elite life and I know other people who can do that.
    Nyhilist, Karond and Sily like this.
  9. I'm fine with the marker overhead. People in my voice get excited when there's an elite spotted, it becomes a mad dash to get the loot piñata.
    Nyhilist likes this.
  10. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

I find there is little point playing elite as it does nothing. Yes I can have a bit more armour etc so I can last 1 or 2 more bullets. Oooo great. If we had passive abilities like buff offensive capabilities within a certain radius, I would play elite a lot more. If your elite you should inspire others etc and give buffs etc
    ash23neuro likes this.