Background Image

Eldar Newsletter: Thoughts/opinions

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Abhean, Dec 5, 2013.

1. my heart would go out to everyone who didn't get conformations on what they were hoping for.

but im too busy looking at how awesome the reaper looks, purple rocket and that faint smile.

what i do find strange is how much different the eldar post is to the others. how come it has so little text and doesn't mention what craftworlds are available.
  2. Details Details The Spriteful

because eldar are mysteriously mysterious and they just planned this all along

or maybe they forgot it
  3. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

Confirmed in the newsletter:

But you're right, it's funny that they don't provide more info on the website. Everybody is wildly speculating about classes because the picture falls out of the pattern we've been seeing.
  4. Dagda Abhean Curator

Folks have got to learn patience. The Dev team is still in very early alpha and things can and will change. SOme thing we will like some not so much. With the list as it is now we look very shooty and all the dev team likes to talk about is the hand to hand combat so that just dosent jive. One of our biggest threads here is about banshee v/s scorpion. Why not allow things like that to keep bubbling and being talked about. The Dev team has to keep our attention and keep us guessing, it's alot more fun that way too.

But about that concept art just being about the craftworlds. Where did you see that at?
  5. Dagda Abhean Curator

Most of us know that there is some fluff problems, but with everything like that in mind I think they did a good job of making it appear doable this way.
  6. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Here.
  7. Dagda Abhean Curator

Sweet So Cool! Thanks!
  8. "While the Wraithguard will feel like a class, it is likely to be presented as a weapon controlled by a Warlock"
    got to say, i really dislike this formulation and hope that they will not feel like donning a Termi Suit.

And for Classes, well never was a fan of Dire Avengers and Dark Reapers so not overly exited about it.
    (maybe because i played to much 3rd edition..)

Oh well, everything is still open and i really hope we get Banshees, Striking Scorpions and Fire Dragons to.
    Vox de Vacuo likes this.
  9. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

Not really much to think about based on what we got, but I am pretty surprised that Iyanden gets to be one of the represented Craftworlds. That place has barely and Eldar still alive on it. If this game gets anything like a good population, then Iyanden will have about 5x its entire population deployed in the crusade. Graham McNeil better write a disclaimer that the Eldar of Iyanden placed a ban on contraception and then had some wicked parties to justify this.
    Vox de Vacuo likes this.

10. In the other thread Wraithguard are confirmed as "Normal" class, which implies they are common which would Iyandens presence explain.