Background Image

Eldar Newsletter: Thoughts/opinions

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Abhean, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Banshees didn't make it into the game.
    For hit and run I imagine it may be more mechanic driven, such as a regenerating health bar that is smaller than other factions forcing the player to dip in and out of combat using their speed advantage to get the most from the class. Or maybe a brief damage buff that makes your first ten (ish) seconds of attack very powerful but which needs to be replenished by not firing - again forcing the player to dip in and out of range.
  2. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Because surprises are FUN!
    Dagda likes this.
  3. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

That does sound good.
  4. Dagda Abhean Curator

From the Dev:

So I could see that being the way. Just saw it more the way I described it with the newsletter description.

5. Dagda Abhean Curator

I think the most important sentence that was put into the newsletter about classes was:

Please notice...will be some of the classes you will have the pleasure to play at launch. SOME being the key word there. Think about it. :)
  6. Google Google Well-Known Member

So if a Warlock is controlling a Wraithguard, the player losses the ability to play the Warlock as he/she plays as a Wraithguard. Doesn’t that leave the Warlock open for an easy kill if the player is not paying attention? At least that is what I’m getting from all this. Correct me if I’m wrong.
  7. Dagda Abhean Curator

Naa I dont think they would make it that easy to just find the warlock to kill the wraithguard. If the wraithguard isnt a choice made by the warlock prior to entering the battle field then I serously doubt they would leave the husk laying about for easy pickings.
  8. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Thank you Dagda, we have people already talking about jumping ship but one needs only practice a little patience! We have some classes announced now, and we must have more coming do to the utter lack of any true melee class alone. There maybe a Swooping Hawk for a jump unit and there maybe a Banshee or Scorpion to balance our lacking melee, but now we know that our answer to Terminators is indeed Wraithguard.

This isn't bad news. It's simply news. Don't take up the concept art yet either, as in the Eldar Discussion, Go! thread they discussed artwork and it's clear that it was meant to show craftworlds, not classes. (Ignore the Saim-Hann Guardian)
    FreedomFighter08 likes this.
  9. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

The warlock stays on the ship (confirmed by Lumpkin). You just spawn as a wraithguard, and that's that. Same as the terminators/meks. No vulnerable controlling warlock or anything.
  10. Details Details The Spriteful

you forgot the key term: fluff-wise
    the only in game mechanic that connects wraithguards and warlocks is the symbiotic relationship that allows the first ones to operate better (a buff in speed or something maybe) when the second ones are around casting