Background Image

Eldar Newsletter: Thoughts/opinions

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Abhean, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Sartek Sartek Cipher

They have so far heavily hinted that Swooping Hawks will be in. So there really is no need to worry about them.

I understood the Wraithguard part this way : In Warlock progression, you can unlock Wraithguard. This is so that it would make sense fluffwise, the Warlock controls it. However, in the game, you would just spawn as a Wraithguard once you have it unlocked normally. No entering anything or other shenaningans.

My understanding.

I dont really care about Eldar at all, by girlfriend likes them. She doenst know much about wh40k, but loves when I tell her about the wh40k universe, about factions and chars.

And I know almost nothing of her favourite faction. Guess I have to start reading about them as well. Well, more than I already have.
  2. Details Details The Spriteful

this
    but I hoped they would include ghostvision
    wraithconstructs don't see well (they feel like being in a dream) so a partially obscured screen and sounds would look awesome
    said that being near warlocks (but spiritseers would do the trick better) should eliminate or alleviate the "problem"
  3. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I'm assuming... You don't actually believe there is a summoner class, unless you know something i don't.

Anyway... So Saim-Hann got in eh?

Seriously though, i wont feign naivety... this was merely a simple calculation. Amazing things happen when you take all the information you can before coming to a conclusion.

Now... wheres the Craftworld Thread...
  4. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

I think it was literally impossible for them not to get in. Saim-Hann is the poster child for eldar. They have troops on every single box of eldar GW sells. Not including them would smear the brand.
  5. Khaldam Active Member

Please dont tell me that the Guardian is not going to be a playable class... becuse that's what it's look like on the craftworld annouced, the same as wraithlords, hope that is not a class as well. IF THE DEVELOPERS READ THIS: do not do the Guardian and the Wraithguard as class, there are not fit for it, and it will take the Eldar race spirit within the game, please dont do this.
  6. Luciasar Luciasar Well-Known Member

Guardians, sure. But what's wrong with wraithguards and wraithlords? Those would be epic to play, they fit in terms of balancing terminators and dreadnoughts, and the lore explanation they came up with fits perfectly.
  7. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Why the Wraithguard?
  8. Samtheman FreedomFighter Active Member

Well i was disappointed the picture was beautiful but when talking class wise the other classes of the other factions are much cooler and better, I miss the ranger class, howling banshee and striking scorpion, I hope these would be advanced classes as you progress because there will be too few classes to begin with at launch and few classes is what i hate the most in an mmo, makes you feel unspecial.
  9. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Well they said they don't really want snipers so Rangers may not be in and at the end of the day this is only whats been announced at very early stage and I doubt they'd let us go in without a dedicated close combat unit.
  10. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

Well, lore wise. It's only Iyanden who uses them commonly. Necromancy and all means the others try to stay away.

Iyanden is in though, so..it's not a problem. Debatable if it's really an issue even if Iyanden wasn't in.