Background Image

Eldar Feedback - First Hours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redthirst, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Remulus Remulus Member

I have to say the addition of a non marine race really makes the game a lot more fun. Feels more like a "Warhammer 40k shooter" rather then "Space Marine 2.0"
  2. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

For the love of god. I don't know if this is just new to this patch or only something Eldar do, but I was zoomed in with a stalker and being suppressed by an Eldar, and my screen was flying all over the place in addition to my reticule expanding immediately.

This is nauseating, really need to turn down (preferably off) the screen shake effect.
  3. so as a striking scorpion I'm getting sniped from huge distances? is this intended? cause otherwise I really don't understand how I'm supposed to ''sneak'' instantly having plasma dropped on my head n' all.
  4. Haldur Haldur Curator

Yes, I know... they just came in and we are actually the ones testing all the balance stuff out right now. But damn... these matches have been the most frustrating experience I had in EC so far.

I am quite a decent Tactical Marine, but with the DA I lost every (!) duell so far. I know that they are not supposed to be good at long ranges, but even at mid to close range, I get killed by any enemy before I can bring them below 25%.

Melee is worse than before for me. It is so unbelievable easy for a JA to kill you. Even if they take your DBash, they will still jump evade behind you and that was it. The stats at the end of the match say it all.

The lag of AV is also hard. Seeing those Marines sitting in their Predator and playing like godmode was turned on is one thing. But the mixture of half RP and half stupid comments while doing so, is really not fun. Is one whole BK spawn even enough to kill a vehicle?

I tried the Scorpion stealth and even though I was like max stealthed (crouched, not moving, corner...) the Marines walking by would instantly shoot at me. What the...

Did not try the FD.

The Warlock was the most fun for me. But yeah... not many people around to heal, since they died so fast. :D

Usually I am aware of this EA thing and I try not to post stuff like this, but I just had to let it out. :oops:
    Madgenius4 likes this.
  5. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

I dunno what is worse the fact you used the wrong beam or the fact the Marine couldn't kill you after that long
    Joram and ArtemK like this.
  6. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

People playing on high graphics right now can see striking scorpions even from very far distances.
  7. Valentine Iyan Firebrand

Eldar don't work. Just spam melee to win against them =/
    Madgenius4 and Joram like this.
  8. Guirlos Guirlos Member

I've been playing some games with the Eldar, and so far I do not understand the feel of them. Yes they are quick and have fast animations. But when your are fight they fell like a SM but weaker. As a DA you are overpowered by other ranged units. The Striking Scorpion has the advantage when you attack by surprise, but is only one hit, after that you have to outmatch your oponents like a SM or CSM. The Warlock is played like the chaos sorcerer. The only two classes that I think are going in the right direction are the Reaper and the FD, they still have much to improve but at least you can get an idea for them.
  9. ah thanks, explains a lot. Really frustrating to say the least.
  10. Toaster_T Sarritor First Blood!

Lotz of warlocks is the key to victory.