Background Image

Eldar Cosmetics

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Malgaroth, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

The Eldar are pretty much a uniformed, organized army that looks much the same. How do you see Eldar cosmetics coming into play? The CSM's are going wild putting forth various mutations, etc. Orks with their crazy bionics and whatnot.

Personally I see things like runes floating in circles around a Warlock, or a weapon skin emitting electricity, however that's just the easy ones due to psychic power. But for the normal aspect warriors I'm unsure. Opinions?
  2. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

I actually see eldar very much non-uniformed, while still organized, army. All the aspects have their colours, craftworlds vary, etc.
    There is a reason for this meme
    "Taste the Rainbow"

EDIT: If you meant compared to each other, dire avenger to dire avenger, then yes, sure ^^ Sorry.
    In that case, it will be interesting indeed to find out what kind of cosmetics they can have. I would go with simple runes and other fancy jewelry
    PlaguePriest likes this.
  3. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

I'd like to see big variety of gear. Like every other faction has. It would be pretty disappointing to have only runes and jewelry as Eldar cosmetics.

But the problem is that in lore and TT I haven't really seen any differing gear between Eldar craftworlds or different shrines. So either bE or GW must design some new fancy stuff for Eldar.
  4. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

This shouldn't happen. Eldar are completely different to the other factions
  5. Plague Malgaroth Cipher

Well it's no fun to break with lore just to create cosmetics, but there's got to be something, right?
    Maybe the various plumes found on helmets? I'm not entirely sure if that's an aspect thing or not though, but I see some with the topknot, some with the horse-hair plume, good stuff.
    I've seen a couple of pictures of aspect warriors with a loin-cloth type thing. Maybe make it a cosmetic instead of a given?
    Something along the lines of a dagger in the waist belt perhaps?
    I know soulgem jewelry is big with the Eldar for obvious reasons, but it's just so hard to give trinkets as a cosmetic because they're not satisfying, they're small and your enemy can't even see them before he dies.
  6. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Just put various stones,cloths, runes where you want them should do it IMO
  7. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

Yes they are. But in cosmetic shop I'd hope to see some balance. Even ordinary Space Marine has many different helm types. And I'd like to see different helm and armor types for let's say scorpions. But lore or art haven't really given any.

So how will devs solve this ?
  8. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Give decorations elsewhere. I really don't see a need for "balance" in cosmetics.
  9. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

So no armor cosmetics ? Jewelry, well not gonna buy something that pathetic. How about different looking Eldar weapons ?
  10. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Thats jewelry. Then go and play something not Eldar. Which has no reason for existing.