Background Image

Eldar cosmetics(shrines) and their value to what they offer/change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katitof, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Inspired by another thread, I've decided to create this one, partly as a suggestion, partly as a plea to improve eldar cosmetics, namely shrines.

The biggest concerns with shrines are:
    -They are over priced at 10k each, while all other factions benefit from helm changes between 2 and 6k RTC.
    -They suit exclusively to singular aspect, while all other factions can use them on most if not all their classes.
    -They change nothing for the actual looks(short of banshee ones, now fix gems on them to actually shine instead of being covered with paintjob), being plain recolors of helm with few exceptions.

So what can be done to "fix" it?
    Well, the most obvious way to do it would be to reduce the cost of helm only recolors to 2k, lets be honest here, 10k is a complete RIPOFF for skin change of singular armor piece on a singular class while all other factions have completely unique and fun looks.

Another possible enhancement would be to put different soulstone and gem colors on different shrines, this is also something very easily done and would enhance eldar customization tremendously, while giving a bit more value to that 10k RTC theft.

There isn't really much more to it.
    Full recolors, like banshee shrines, hawk shrine, one dragon shrine are fine, if done well, with different soulstones/gems either in different colors or locations, I'm more then willing to pay 10k for them, but the help only change for 10k, no. That is a big no.

Please, add more bling to different shrines to put the actual value to that 10k cost or simply reduce the cost to 2-3k RTC and refund poor souls like myself who was stupid enough to buy helm only for 10k.

Now, while hopefully anyone from bE will address this thread(they probably won't, but at least I can expect someone to read it), I'll be following what Nathan have said once on a stream about keeping us, players, happy with the shop and giving us refunds and I'll be issuing refund ticket for the blue DA helm and will buy Knights Azure Shrine instead(which I fully expect to get a fix and full yellow arm recolor instead of just forearm).

(please tag the visuals guy as my potato name memory doesn't allow me to recall his name)
    Gaan_Cathal, JojoKasei, Frinn and 8 others like this.
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

3. They're so overpriced it's not even funny, i'd never buy one unless it had RADICAL changes to the model, not just the helmet like in the banshees.
    JojoKasei and Saeritan like this.
  4. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

I don't really have anything to add other than my agreement and support, Eldar Shrine cosmetics are a rip off and this should be addressed. A temporary measure would be partial or full refunds and a price reduction, if improving the skins is going to take months, if it happens at all, as I expect it to.
    JojoKasei, Thonius and Idaeus like this.
  5. Nepenthe Folken Active Member

I'm currently refusing to spend rtc on them, the pricing is insane. If Noah pops in, any news on those Warlock helms that were mentioned awhile back?
  6. Gregor Thonius Curator

I don't play eldars but even I know that you're being fucked over.
    Cegorach likes this.
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

What if they made each 10K sale a bundle for all classes rather than only 1 class/skin?
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  8. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Recolours should cost 2k and full body should be 4k, this is generous considering this is lazy and no effort went into them in the first place, dota recolours cost zero because they don't exist except for one on remodels which is a free option built in to some cosmetics, they are all different models and on the market I can buy pieces for 3p and sets for 30p and in game I can buy a set for £1.50, this game is also free btw. and I still think my prices are too generous because marines have similar prices but actually change the model, in addition the single class ones should be even cheaper since it low quality garbage bought 7 times more for 5 times the price currently.

They fact that they had the balls to do this has honestly broken my trust in the devs as this is a mobile game level of scams and compensation should be supplied to the poor people who bought these scams imo if they want to heal the damage between consumer and developer. This is why people hate micro transactions and its not helping you if you try to exploit it on a faction you have left in the dust for a few patches with mass nerfs with no buffs to balance out.

This is like beating me with a club for months and then offering me pain killers for triple the price.
    Frinn and Thonius like this.
  9. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Buy the black helmet shrines bundle type thing? I like it.

So I agree that 10k RTC for a recoloured helmet sucks. And eldar do need more bling, sure.

But I'm really happy that lorewise the shrines look right. The Sable Helm look like that.* the Knights Azure should have the full arm in gold, but I think the vambrace only looks better for a 3D model, so good call Bhvr. I don't want "more" added to the recolours, because those shrines don't have "more". I get that Striking Scorpion enthusiasts are lacking in anything, and I hope you get visual customization (the bling, the hair, yes). But for what's in game I'm content with.

*Sable Helm shrine was my one cosmetic desire for eldar. I didn't expect to see it for a long time. I got it, I'm satisfied. Everyone still waiting on theirs I'm sorry, hope you get it.
  10. As far as i know Shrine changes take the place of the Helmet, Backpack, Legs, Arms, Torso/Jaw slots and also changes the color scheme, since these pieces cost from 1k to 9k RTC each the cost of a shrine should be a minimum of 1K RTC (Just Recolor) to a maximum of 45K RTC (if it changes all the pieces to 9K variants), a Shrine worth 10K would need to have at least all gear changed to 2K variants or any combination worth 10K.

In this system all current shrines would cost 1K, except for the Ebon Witch that has a slightly different helmet that could be worth at maximum 5K, but i would say 2-3 is more appropriate.