Background Image

Eldar Balance Problems I Would Like to See Fixed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eldritch, May 27, 2017.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I take it that you're completely unfamiliar with words "hits to kill", "glass cannon" and "balance".
    How would it be balanced if eldar required more hits to kill everyone then it is needed to kill them?
    Hint: It wouldn't be.

Though, you're agreeing with obvious troll(100% of his very few posts are shitposts one way or another), so you're also quite questionable now. I'll assume you're regular newbie until proven otherwise.
  2. Roon Roon Steam Early Access

It's true what they say, sarcasm really is hard to detect in writing.
    By pointing out that Eldar had the lowest EHP, I hoped for Nerf Marine #7498 to reach the conclusion they needed more damage to achieve equal TtK, thereby achieving a state of 'melee balance' by himself.
    A chance you robbed from him, with usual Eldar snobbery. ;)
    Remove Eldar snobbery to make thinking easier for Space Marines!
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Well, that was a bad sarcasm in the first place if any.

Plus, you're trying to guide a zealot to logic.

Its not going to happen.
    Roon likes this.
  4. Roon Roon Steam Early Access

Granted.

I always think that anyone smart enough to turn on a computer is smart enough to employ logic.
    Countless examples to the contrary have nothing on my faith in humanity.
    Drakonite likes this.
  5. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

This is gold coming from you.
    JojoKasei and Brosephelon like this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

So are you asking for Eldar Fusion Disc? damage to be increased to that of the Melta Bomb and just have it on a cooldown timer rather than being able to plant two instantly to instantly kill any enemy vehicle?

This would take the instant kill suicide bomb meta away and make it more of a planned strategic decicision meta similar to other Close Quarters Ranged AV meta.

This would still make the FD better than any other Close Quarters Ranged AV out there being more of a sustainable option out in the field with Fusion Discs that recharge over time. Other factions wouldn't have this, I was wondering where the balance would be there as once again FD is the best option of all factions because they are:
    • Faster
    • More sustainable AV out in the field than any other faction (and no the Fist / Klaw doesn't count because of broken Melee meta)
    • Same damage as all other AV of their type
    • No down sides other than the standard Eldar squeamishness which is already countered by speed and smaller hit boxes.

^The above would help but still far too much of an advantage.

The current situation we have below makes FD AV far too easy:

Fire Dragon Vehicle TTK:
    • It takes 1 Fusion Disc to take any other factions vehicles health down from 100% to 50% then a good 3 to 4 bursts from the Fusion Gun and your done.
      • Or: it takes two Fusion Discs to take out any other factions vehicle health down from 100% to 0% instantly! without any timer to plant the devices.

Close Quarters Ranged Tactical / Traitor Vehicle TTK:
    • It takes 1 Melta Bomb to take an Eldar vehicle down from 100% health to 25% then a short burst from Meltagun and your done.
      • ^That's it, that's your option, no instant kill for you!

To make this fair across the board all Close Quarters Ranged AV should be able to have:
    • Rechargable bombs on the same timer
    • As they would only be able to plant one bomb at a time I am fine for them being able to plant them instantly, this gives a reasonable chance to defend the vehicle.
  7. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

The reason roadkill exists is because unlike the tabletop, bodyblocking vehicles with infantry or using tank shock to harmlessly shunt infantry out of the way are both really dumb in a third-person shooter. Your suggestion would potentially reintroduce that problem.

However, that isn't actually a problem with skimmers or anything else that can FLY. This creates a dichotomy where they're the only vehicle that have no trouble racking up roadkills, while not needing roadkill mechanics in them in the first place

As a conclusion: it's far harder to roadkill with a Rhino and especially a Trukk because vehicles can't strafe, and they turn slower than an infantry can dodge-roll; thus roadkilling with Rhino/Trukk should be a reward, and the underslung shrewkin cannon on the bottom of Eldar vehicles should be buffed to allow for attempts for that same reward

I will only ever consider this to be even remotely acceptable if melta bombs for all four factions are nerfed with either the ability to be deactivate those bombs with gunfire, or giving melta bombs setup time (nothing drastic, maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds). Fire Dragons vs Tacticals might need equalizing, but Suicide AV Rushing does not need to be buffed
  8. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Did you even read the OP?
    Charge up mechanic could probably be removed imo.
  9. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The point of it is to make Dragons require 1 bomb + 1 burst to kill a tank. The same amount of effort required by a Tactical to kill a Wave Serpent.

The bundle can't be removed, only reworked. Otherwise AP tree gets borked.
  10. Xengard Xengard Subordinate

How to buff Fire Dragons: Half the waiting time between when you click and when it actually fires (fire, heh). Or/and leave a trail of fire on the ground, if you shoot at the floor for a short duration.
    How to nerf eldar vehicles: Make so that they can't run over you when you are crouching. Or/and plasma guns deal more damage to them (I don't actually think this will solve the problem, but who knows).