Background Image

Eldar Balance Problems I Would Like to See Fixed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eldritch, May 27, 2017.

1. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

If it was placed here, there is a greater chance of people actually seeing it. There isn't much activity in our subforum.
  2. cant be changed. design is made. must redone the entire game.
  3. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

In most maps it is actually no problem at all because you do not contribute alot if you sit around sniping. It can be super strong on attack on ticket based maps though. (Best examples are Maggon and Fortress Agnathio). Usually you can surround the point and simply snipe away till the tickets run out. Eldar guilds have like 5-8 Starshot snipers surrounding points on maggon all the time.
  4. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

And no one hunt you down?
  5. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

Once yes. He tried a second time and that is in the end of the vid. I can show you how he shoots me from behind but that is not very interesting. (I cut that out of course :CSMWord:)
  6. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

No, thx.
  7. Unahim Unahim Curator

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. If everything needed to show a weapon is OP (or fine, or whatever you want to prove, it differs with perspective) is a video of someone doing well with it (especially against a team refusing to deploy logical counters), then we might as well start going down the list because such a video can be found/made for every weapon.
    Orkan, Drakonite and CabalTrainee like this.
  8. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

that was a bad match for me. But you are of course right and this is not supposed to be evidence for anything but that you can kill people with it. And that it actually has AoE. @Orfeask didn't seem to know. I just want people to see how the weapon actually works before judging it.

Also that you personally do better with tempest is also "Anecdotal evidence."
  9. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Point is Starswarm should be better than Starshot at anti-infantry jobs.

We could make Starswarm a hitscan weapon maybe? Make it like an AC?
  10. Unahim Unahim Curator

Probably why I said "Not for me anyway." in that post, thus identifying it as such. ;)

Should it be? It should be better than Starshot at close range, sure. But at long range you'll never get a cloud of inaccurate little fireflies to be viable without completely overtuning it, I think.
  11. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Then make it accurate.

The AC is good at long range, I see no reason why Starswarm cannot be the same.
    Orkan likes this.