Background Image

EC's Reputation... What Can We Do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

I remember a few months ago they said the engine update was good to go and ready to be implemented.It was never mentioned again and the whole forum has forgotten about it.To busy comparing E-peens I guess.

Maybe they are waiting for GW to clear it *sarcasm*
    Vaanes and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

That was another one of those hot steam loads of Nathan, was another time he was telling me Noah was working on fixing all the usable doors and objectives on the maps that had been turned off a long time ago. About the same time we had the massive disagreement about those stupid dailies. Dumb bland idea there too. Copy/paste from every mobile game ever.
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Just to get it out of the way, no, I haven't read through all the posts on this thread.

EC has a bad reputation because the game deserves it. The game is not what it was originally advertised as. Eternal Crusade also does not have much going for it apart from being a 40k multiplayer game in which you can play various classes of Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Orkz and Eldar in the third person. That's it, there isn't any more to this game.

Beyond looking at what this game offers right now, there is the fact that the corporation running the game has withdrawn most development resources which means that significant improvements are very unlikely.

What can we players do at this point? Nothing. As far as the owners are concerned, this game is a write-off. They will welcome any further income, but they will not invest any further resources to improve the game because its track record is abysmal and its hope for recovery is non-existant.

Even if old players make a big effort to bring in new players, those new players will simply see the game in its current state, confirming its bad reputation. Then they will leave.

Unless you find an investor willing to buy the game and all its licenses outright, you will never be able to salvage this game. And you will not find such an investor. Not unless some billionaire suddenly makes 40k his (or her) hobby. This particular game and its track record are simply a bad investment.

- balance is irrelenvant, tweaking that will not make up for the game's other shortcomings
    - cosmetics are irrelevant, a turd in glitter is still a turd
    - animations are irrelevant, smooth animations that happen too fast for your eyes won't help gameplay
    - new maps are irrelevant, stale gameplay and low population still leaves the game dead in the water
    - ... blah blah blah, blah blah...

What I am getting at is that small and financially viable improvements will neither improve the game significantly nor improve the game's reputation. What this game needs is a massive financial investment in development, which it is simply not going to get.
  4. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

A year and 5 months since release March 2017:

upload_2018-8-7_16-54-57.png
    51% of all 10,533 reviews are negative. That's what 5371 people who would have chosen to spend their money on something else had they known how bad EC was going to end up and that's just the people who bothered to add a review. And I'm betting there's a whole lot more out there who just fucked off to do something better with their time not even bothering to write a review.

There's no fixing that.
  5. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

No sympathy, it's their own greedy fault for rushing it out un-finished and not doing the research into the legitimacy of Picco servers before plowing boatloads of cash in.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Atsidas Atsidas First Blood!

its not surprising though considering bE's game development history

their legacy is one of shovelware and shitty games that are plagued with issues both pre (mistreatment of qa employees) and post launch (wet, shadow of mordor ps3 port)

the best thing they have from what i understand is dead by daylight, and even then from what ive seen its still a jankfest
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Nasher Nasher Firebrand

To the people asking what we can do for the game, here are some ideas:
    • stop pouring water on a drowning game: keeping complaining about the game won't help at all
    • be friendly to newcomers: train them, play with them, help them if you want them to stay
    • give up binge solo-playing: play less but in teams so the game can be a bit more enjoyable
    • stop toxic behaviour: sportsmanship does better than teabagging or saying a faction is OP at the end of a game
    Eternal Crusade is at the moment the only one multiplayer shooter set in the 40k universe which involves:
    • 4 factions
    • vehicles
    We all know the game is below expectations but it's the only one we have so let's give it at least a bit of love before it vanishes into the warp.
    Vaanes likes this.
  8. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

fix what ? still crap
  9. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

You know what also won't help? Telling the developers that we are okay with this and that we believe what they tell us. Like we did from Closed-Alpha to mid-2017.

Nobody gives a shit if you give instructions and tips via chat during a game. It's like herding a mob of headless zombie-chickens.

So instead of playing when I have the time and when I feel like it, I should plan my life around EC. Got it.

The toxicity is a result of the anonymity online, because you can say whatever you want and you don't realize that these are people you are interacting with. It's a perfectly normal phenomenon.

Counter-point: The sooner EC dies, the sooner we will get a a good multiplayer shooter set in the 40k universe. Just look at what bE has done to this game: They have no interest whatsoever in EC becoming a better game. Not if it means spending money.

bE stopped investing in EC at launch: They took all the developers away from Nathan and gave him no marketing-budget. If bE doesn't believe that EC has a future, why should we?
    AddyRedrum, LOBOTRONUS and Vaanes like this.
  10. I have no idea where you got that from. More realistically, it will take a long time before anyone will take a budget close to EC to produce a new WH40k shooter.
    JojoKasei and Nasher like this.