Background Image

EC/LSM Guide, eHP Calculator and FPS Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oan-Mkoll, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

So I made (big word I developed on top of Slough work) an eHP Calculator for myself and maybe some of you guys like to have it too.

You can obv use it to just look which setups are more tanky and it directly outputs the bullets to kill so you can optimize your build for different break points which are directly calculated for the most common weapons.

I included a T2K calculator in it which can be used with the weapon stats Slough (big thanks!) provided to really have every weapon covered. Since most of the FPS Guides are old or not fully optimized I added it too, if someone needs it.

For usage just save it on your hard drive or put it your google drive so you can edit it.

If there are Questions or mistakes feel free to ask/mention it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17huvjm0Kzvd8QO9vYiODauq4siW8kxIdpa4HngSLVGQ/edit#gid=0

€dit: now with an EC/LSM Guide
  2. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

Nice, Like it. : )
  3. Appledrink Appledrink First Blood!

Where is plasma gun/plasmacannon/plasma deffgun?
  4. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

For those you can use the T2K Calculator just put in your eHP, damage and rpm at the thoughness value you have vs plasma weapons (example you have 130 toughness - 120 pen = you have to look at the row with 10 to see your ehp) and it calculates it for you. I ran out of space and had to cut for the main weapons/ weapons I am interested in.

the document has 4 pages Toughness | Weapons | abv. | FPS Guide the values for the plasma you find there so you dont have to go ingame
  5. Sceviour Sceviour Arkhona Vanguard

Toughness is practically worthless. At best it lets you eat 1 more shot for a regular class and 2 more shots as a Vet.
  6. Gorgutz BNK3R-Boy Steam Early Access

Gud work, Nob Mkoll!
  7. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

@OP: Thanks for the good work, really appreciated

Completely false. First of all toughness is the cheapest defensive Stat in EC. You get 10 Toughness at the value of 50 LP which usually brings a net survivability gain of 14-17 EH. 15 Health would cost 90 LP and 15 Armor somewhere around 105 LP. Second of all toughness usually doesn't come alone on most items and toughness always benefits from stacking more health and armor.

The difference between a naked normal tactical (8 bolts @38 dmg) and a tanked up cookie cutter tactical (11 bolts @ 38 dmg) is 3 bolts. The 38 Damage are from a standard LSM/CSM boltgun without CQCbarrel or AP rounds.

Tankiness in the current EC meta (as a whole) has a very reduced benefit and is for most classes limited to 150-160%% of the unmodified base value.

Allthough, as a lighthearted jab, you might argue it hugely depends on which weapon you measure against. I mean no matter what toughness or armor values you have stacked, a lascannon or plasmacannon will down you in one go.
    Sily, Brujah and Forj like this.
  8. Appledrink Appledrink First Blood!

I can get ONE SHOTTED by a lascannon?! Wtf I hate toughness now, only building stamina roll builds for now on.
    ruititadiogo and Whitefox550 like this.
  9. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

Regarding toughness. Toughness gets more effective the more armor and health you have so on support classes or jpa which have low base stats and very limited lp anyway its usually more effective to stack pure health/armor (instead of going directly into toughness, but the red armor is usually always worth it) but on the other classes maxing out toughness is the way to go to maximize your ehp.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  10. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

This pretty much backs up what I've been preaching since the change. Obviously varies per faction but for the most part if you can't get 130 toughness you may as well not bother. And even at 130 I personally hesitate to even do that (don't run any body armor on my standard tactical marine for instance). Nurgle and Orks can stack enough to the point where it's worth the investment (150-160 toughness) but for the rest especially Eldar who on some classes can only get a max of 120 it's more or less a waste of loadout points for non-vets. The points are better spent getting the best wargear 1 and 2 pieces.

Thanks for putting this graph together Mkoll!
    Thraxus and Delgear like this.