Background Image

EC isn't as dead as you might think... (I think)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Dec 23, 2017.

1. http://steamcharts.com/cmp/375230,55150,298900,56400
    Has anyone actually looked at player numbers? We easily beat Space Hulk: Deathwing, Space Marine (I'd consider Space Marine EC's most similar 40K game) and aren't far behind DoW II: Retribution.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/375230,285190
    DoW III Is doing a bit better than EC, but from what I've heard of it is even more disappointing to players than some of EC's major disappointments. I don't think DoW III will last as long a EC.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/375230
    EC's population was declining after the massive increase in players from f2p started leaving (but I stayed and ain't going anywhere but Arkhona), but slowed its decline and I think it will level out at around peaks of 180 players unless something massive happens.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/375230,322910
    Regicide is deader than dead and has only topped EC's player numbers once (May 2016)

Now get off the forums and go join the Crusade.
    Talron likes this.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

All these games besides regicide have single player , ec dont
    so you are comparing a 1year old lobby shooter to a chess game , a 6 years old game with no devs(still has singleplayer campaign) , a 6 years old rts thats still alive because mods , A shit rts that has disapointed the entire community (but still more pop than Ec), and a game that is more single player than multiplayer and repetitive as fuck ,see where is the logic ?

[​IMG]

Ec is dying slowly but surely
    AddyRedrum and Dominus_Galaxia like this.
  3. Details Details The Spriteful

These comparisons don't really fly when you consider the amount of players needed to have the game working as intended.
  4. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I'll stop considering EC being pretty much dead, when I'll be able to play Eldar games for longer then 3 hours a day before they go extinct.
    XRuinX, Delgear and Jimmy_Neutron like this.

5. Well, give me one comparable 40K game.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

there's none, Ec is unique but a failure nontheless
    comparing games just because of the 40k skin would be as dumb as comparing lego star wars and battlfront 2 since they both use star wars skins
  7. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Space Hulk Deathwing only needs 4 players to hop in and can easily be played single player, the game was a laggy mess and only catered to the Dark Angel fan boys, this made the game rather unappealing imo and even so it's only 50 odd behind while needing not even half the players EC needs to get a full game going.

Deathwing was also a flawed game in concept as the game was doomed to be repetitive and bland due to the games setting alone, the superior game Vermintide on the other hand got the hack and slash horde shooter perfected along with varied environments, enemy types and loot.

Space Marine is 6 years old and it's online was clunky and was a tick list addition meaning it was passable not decent, no wonder it has almost no players, it's prime time ended 5 odd years ago

Retribution is also 6 years old, it's in a genre not many people play and it shouldn't even count the people who exclusively play the elite mod to the steam chart I believe since it doesn't launch from the steam service and EC can't beat it?

Regicide is literally chess, certainly what pops to mind when I think of 40k and fun

And to make the matter worse EC was the only free to play here
  8. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

You forgot to compare it to 1993's Original Space Hulk. Which most likely is also doing worse, considering the platforms it supported arent even produced anymore.

Just put the hurdles low enough and EC will actually prosper and shine!
    AddyRedrum, The_Ironcrab and Atsidas like this.
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

rely

space marine is a one player game. i own original digital copy (not all who buy space marine use steam )

regicide another one player game

DOW 3 lifeless game u are being shot and u die like a minute man during US British war

DOW 2 is better

Death wing is good and fun if u play alone

i keep telling people that BE should ask help from Deathwing creators for terminator and weapon design

regicide for orcs and LSM armor design

a chess game that have better animation
  10. It almost sounds like you want EC to fail...