Background Image

Early Hint For Minimum Requirements

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by bezkenobi, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Well it would depend on if the game engine is optimized to take advantage of crossfired cards, once they reveal which engine they are using, we will find out rather quickly. With that said, I know the latest version of OpenGL handles crossfire/SLi compatibility without any issues; In the past it was up to the user to set up the game client correctly as well as manually adjust their driver settings so it could handle it because in the past OpenGL could only read the second card under certain circumstances, such as the game running in full screen.

Personally I still prefer a single card, to tandom cards, because with tandom cards last time I checked you only make use of half the power of the second/third etc card(s). But pretty sure everyone knows that, unless the situation has changed; I haven't done crossfired since my last set of cards which was 5 years ago. Pretty sure back then DirectX had soo many problems with reflection rendering when using crossfire.
    0SSIFRAGE likes this.
  2. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

just overclock your i7 and it should be fine. i have a gen1 i7 930(just barely better than yours) overclocked to 4.2ghz with water cooling, and it still runs great.
  3. Njal Bjornson Active Member

Im kinda interested in OCing with my gen4 i5/watercooling. Is it worth the trouble in your opinion?
  4. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

if you have water cooling, there isnt really any reason not to overclock... but if you dont have an unlocked processor(would have a 'k' at the end of the model number), it can be quite annoying.
  5. Njal Bjornson Active Member

Yeah that's not what I meant, I have an i5 4670k. My question for you is if Overclocking your CPU gives you enough added performance that it is worth all the extra money to buy a Water Cooled heat sink and everything else that would be required (I dont know what else.) Is the juice worth the squeeze in your opinion.
  6. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

Most of the time not, at least in gaming. Most games are fairly GPU-reliant, the only exceptions I can think of are badly optimized games (i.e. Planetside 2). Some OC is useful, but you can get far enough with a good Heatsink and good airflow. I would rather invest in a bigger graphics card.
  7. Njal Bjornson Active Member

Thanks bro, that sounds about right. Quick question have you ever heard of OC your GPU instead of your CPU? Or is that not a thing? I can probably google this huh? ..... meh
  8. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

You can do it, but it's not that common. Most GPUs are already OCed a bit over stock speed though.
  9. HAXTC HAXTC First Blood!

Overclocking your GPU is the best way of increasing your PC's performance. Ofcourse it depends which GPU you have but pretty much every high-end and most mid-end graphics cards are perfectly overclockable.

I have two Asus HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2 cards which have a standard OC on the core of 900 Mhz.The reference version has 800 Mhz. I have overclocked them stabely to 1150 on the core. Memory clock from 1250 to 1575. This gives massive performance gaines. This is all on stock cooling and my GPU's never get above 70 degrees celsius.

If you have good enough cooling, overclocking your GPU is a done deal if you ask me.

Ontopic: @Patrick

Do you think Crossfire & SLI support is a good possibility in EC? And would a PC with 2 x AMD HD 7950 run the game fluently? Just in case I should save up for (a) new GPU('s):D

10. We have not tested with SLI or Crossfire cards yet - the engine has some basic support for it. We are planning on adding more support for it, though it also depends on the needs of the users!
    larrence83 likes this.